rbharol
09-20 12:24 PM
Can a person who is on H1B visa engage in an internet business (and receive income from it) from home ? I do know a couple of people who used to do that.
Thanks in advance for your answer.
Answer from my Lawyer is No.
I tried to commercialize my website which you see in my signature. Plan was to sell
the consulting services and sell gem stones. I am on H1B and Lawyer said do not do it.
Thanks in advance for your answer.
Answer from my Lawyer is No.
I tried to commercialize my website which you see in my signature. Plan was to sell
the consulting services and sell gem stones. I am on H1B and Lawyer said do not do it.

amsgc
06-16 01:22 AM
http://www.murthy.com/chatlogs/ch051407_P.html
Chat User : My husband is on H1B and is about to file for his I-485.
I am currently on an F-1 visa. Do I have to convert to H-4 to file for I-485
with my husband, or can I file while being on F-1? Please advise.
Attorney Murthy : A person can file the I-485 while still in F-1 status, but unlike the H1B/H-4 or L-1/L-2 which are dual intent, the F-1 is a pure nonimmigrant status. This means that, upon the I-485 filing, one is no longer considered to be in F-1 status, but converts to an adjustment applicant, eligible for the EAD and AP, etc.
Chat User : My husband is on H1B and is about to file for his I-485.
I am currently on an F-1 visa. Do I have to convert to H-4 to file for I-485
with my husband, or can I file while being on F-1? Please advise.
Attorney Murthy : A person can file the I-485 while still in F-1 status, but unlike the H1B/H-4 or L-1/L-2 which are dual intent, the F-1 is a pure nonimmigrant status. This means that, upon the I-485 filing, one is no longer considered to be in F-1 status, but converts to an adjustment applicant, eligible for the EAD and AP, etc.

sss9i
06-12 10:54 AM
My question is:
My I-485 is pending for more than 180 days and I have I-140 approval as well.
I am planning to change job as soon as possible but I have to give 60 days notice before I resign my Job as per our Employment terms and conditions.
If they withdraw my approval I-140 status between 60 days, what is going to happen my I-485 Status? Still is valid my I-140 and Can I use Ac 21 as per UCCIS memos.
�Do I need to send AC 21 first before opting by the New Employer?
Thank you.
My I-485 is pending for more than 180 days and I have I-140 approval as well.
I am planning to change job as soon as possible but I have to give 60 days notice before I resign my Job as per our Employment terms and conditions.
If they withdraw my approval I-140 status between 60 days, what is going to happen my I-485 Status? Still is valid my I-140 and Can I use Ac 21 as per UCCIS memos.
�Do I need to send AC 21 first before opting by the New Employer?
Thank you.
houston2005
03-05 09:30 PM
We cannot justify the opposition to price increase as INS expects the fees to be paid by employer. So if needed employers can oppose not the employees. Only fees the candidates expect to pay is citizenship fees and all other immigration related fees should be paid by Employers as they are sponsoring gc
Totally disagree. Only a small %age of employers pay the fees, rest is all borne by the applicant. This includes universities, companies etc. There are so many components of fees that everything is not covered by employer.
Do most of the companies cover EAD (every year), Adv. parole (every year), I 485 etc.. fees. The arguemnt given by USCIS (read their website) for I 485 increase is that it will be processed in 6 months and therfore no need to apply for EAD and AP fees. The argument is fallible is that it does not counts retrogression adn name check, it is simply assumed everyone will get their I485 processed in 6 months.
They are not using technology (because they can't hire more H1b and softwarre professional) but using the excessive money to support theeri old fashioned systems.
What a mess 180% fees increase on most of the applications?
Totally disagree. Only a small %age of employers pay the fees, rest is all borne by the applicant. This includes universities, companies etc. There are so many components of fees that everything is not covered by employer.
Do most of the companies cover EAD (every year), Adv. parole (every year), I 485 etc.. fees. The arguemnt given by USCIS (read their website) for I 485 increase is that it will be processed in 6 months and therfore no need to apply for EAD and AP fees. The argument is fallible is that it does not counts retrogression adn name check, it is simply assumed everyone will get their I485 processed in 6 months.
They are not using technology (because they can't hire more H1b and softwarre professional) but using the excessive money to support theeri old fashioned systems.
What a mess 180% fees increase on most of the applications?
more...
waitnwatch
05-08 10:08 AM
Two thing here. I was wondering whether you understand the connotation of "paki". Do remember that "posts to denigrate anyone are not welcome " as can be seen on top of the page.
Also there have been discussions of a variety of things and the issue of making a DWI a criminal offense has been discussed previously. As long as the moderators are okay with the issue I guess the discussion can continue.
my two cents
hey, my paki friend,
this forum was created for the express purpose of addressing the backlog for employment based adjustment of status. Maybe you should try a more general forum to ask questions about H1 visa stamp/criminal issues etc. Infact on the Murthy forum, there is a specific area devoted to such issues and you will perhaps get better response.
regards.
Also there have been discussions of a variety of things and the issue of making a DWI a criminal offense has been discussed previously. As long as the moderators are okay with the issue I guess the discussion can continue.
my two cents
hey, my paki friend,
this forum was created for the express purpose of addressing the backlog for employment based adjustment of status. Maybe you should try a more general forum to ask questions about H1 visa stamp/criminal issues etc. Infact on the Murthy forum, there is a specific area devoted to such issues and you will perhaps get better response.
regards.
legal_la
07-12 12:11 PM
I think it is true that once you are counted in the cap you will not be counted again. so you can switch back and forth H4 and H1 without being counted in the quota.
more...
GCplease
03-25 02:21 PM
I travelled to chennai last March via Emirates. No problems with transit visa or something. The price was good too. airport has a duty free shop for Jewellery and other stuff. good place to shop. but we had to wait a long time for the connecting flight.
The next time I go there, am planning to take a visa and tour Dubai. Heard that Dubai has some great places to see.
The next time I go there, am planning to take a visa and tour Dubai. Heard that Dubai has some great places to see.

eldrick
08-16 01:41 PM
Hi,
My husband's company is paying for his 485 fees but not for me. I'm just wondering if they should charge me a separate legal fee for this case?
My understanding is legal fee already covers for both me and my husband and this has already been paid of by the Company. And now they are charging us a separate legal fee for me also as spouse.
Thanks for your advise.
My husband's company is paying for his 485 fees but not for me. I'm just wondering if they should charge me a separate legal fee for this case?
My understanding is legal fee already covers for both me and my husband and this has already been paid of by the Company. And now they are charging us a separate legal fee for me also as spouse.
Thanks for your advise.
more...
shortchanged
07-18 07:16 PM
Since it is asked when was your last entry into USA, your I-94 on 15th has to be entered into the 485 application.So to be safe, you will have to be in USA at the time your I-485 form is filed.Actually if you can overnight First Fedex it,it will arrive at NSC on 17th morning, you will still be in the window of opportunity.Remember,NSC picks up mail only once a day.
If I were you, I would return back earlier than 15th to be in USA at the time of filing.You never know when your next opportunity for AOS filing will come.
In fact I am cancelling 5 airline tickets ,I am loosing $1500.00 just for this cancellation,in addition to many other inconveniences.I am sending my Mother all by herself.
If I were you, I would return back earlier than 15th to be in USA at the time of filing.You never know when your next opportunity for AOS filing will come.
In fact I am cancelling 5 airline tickets ,I am loosing $1500.00 just for this cancellation,in addition to many other inconveniences.I am sending my Mother all by herself.
TomPlate
07-11 10:59 AM
That is great south mama. Machi I filed I140 on JUN2nd and I got approved on JUN10th. Machi Congrat you soon will get the ration card.
more...

WeShallOvercome
08-03 12:55 PM
You are a jack ass
What kind of a person would reply with "You are a jack ass" to some one saying
"Apology accepted and now i ask you to contribute for DC rally.....will you do that?
Even am not a pro, i joined IV just couple of months back, but i never opened a thread for simple questions. I am not bashing you here....i am trying to educate you on this.....when we have something to ask we should look for appropriate thread and then post it there.
I got my checks cashed on aug 1st, but i didn't opened a thread to tell everyone that, but i have seen people whoever got receipt they opened a new thread.
"
We all now know who is what !
Peace and Am not visiting this thread anymore or any other started by the author of this one !
What kind of a person would reply with "You are a jack ass" to some one saying
"Apology accepted and now i ask you to contribute for DC rally.....will you do that?
Even am not a pro, i joined IV just couple of months back, but i never opened a thread for simple questions. I am not bashing you here....i am trying to educate you on this.....when we have something to ask we should look for appropriate thread and then post it there.
I got my checks cashed on aug 1st, but i didn't opened a thread to tell everyone that, but i have seen people whoever got receipt they opened a new thread.
"
We all now know who is what !
Peace and Am not visiting this thread anymore or any other started by the author of this one !
tharu
06-28 11:36 PM
My H1 expires by August and my employer has filed for an extension. I have my EAD and approved I-140. I just wanted to maintain H1 status and asked the employer to file for extension. Given the processing time at this moment it would take about 3 months for the process. My question is: Can I travel outside US while the extension petition is pending and if my extension gets approved; can I get this stamped and use this to reenter US?
more...

gcformeornot
12-14 10:13 AM
RFEs these days? Especialy for I140s?
up_guy
04-12 11:00 PM
I also have the same question "Please provide information concerning your eligibility status:", what should I provide in that text box.
Please suggest.
when I check 2 yrs old EAD application my attorney had used (c)(0)(9)
Is that right or it should be (c)(9) or
it should be (c) (09)
Please help folks
Please suggest.
when I check 2 yrs old EAD application my attorney had used (c)(0)(9)
Is that right or it should be (c)(9) or
it should be (c) (09)
Please help folks
more...
optimist578
12-28 09:51 AM
To my understanding, if a person holding EAD is allowed to change jobs, he is not really tied to any particular employer. But the job description according to the I-485 form should hold true to anything you do till it is approved.
I am not sure if you can take a leave of absence, though. My hunch, would be 'no'. I am also in a similar situation and looking for some advice. Let me know, if you find an answer.
Thank You.
All the gurus on this forum,
I have this questions and I have feeling some of you are considering doijng this;;;;
My I-140 and 485 was concurrently filed in Dec2002. I-140 got approved. 485 is pending.
As i decided that this GC process should not hold me captive i went ahead made plans for my MBA education. Now I have an admission from INSEAD france for classes starting 2007.
IF my employer gives me Pesonal Leave of Abscene for one year....without pay
can I take off for studies without impacting the GCprocess?
Since I will be moving out of my residenec should I inform the INS of a new address friends) so that they can send EAD/AP etc..
I would love to connect to anyone who is similar situation......
PLEASE respond
:(
I am not sure if you can take a leave of absence, though. My hunch, would be 'no'. I am also in a similar situation and looking for some advice. Let me know, if you find an answer.
Thank You.
All the gurus on this forum,
I have this questions and I have feeling some of you are considering doijng this;;;;
My I-140 and 485 was concurrently filed in Dec2002. I-140 got approved. 485 is pending.
As i decided that this GC process should not hold me captive i went ahead made plans for my MBA education. Now I have an admission from INSEAD france for classes starting 2007.
IF my employer gives me Pesonal Leave of Abscene for one year....without pay
can I take off for studies without impacting the GCprocess?
Since I will be moving out of my residenec should I inform the INS of a new address friends) so that they can send EAD/AP etc..
I would love to connect to anyone who is similar situation......
PLEASE respond
:(
frostrated
05-13 12:00 PM
why are you worried about your labor when your status shows that you have filed your 140?
more...

bijualex29
05-05 03:33 PM
I would like to know, can I get my H-1B at 6.0 year of my H-4 with my spouse�s approved I-140 (affected by EB-3 retrogression)?
h1techSlave
07-24 09:48 AM
2. Look for a job for him in a public/non-profit organization where you don�t have a lot of H-1 restrictions. Ask him to build up his skill set and be prepared to do any kind of employment.
I think this is the best option, if the Indian citizen has marketiable skills. Non-profits/universities etc. can file for H1, even when quota is exhausted. If the spouse in the US know some one from the non-profit, then trying to file for H1 for spouse is one good option. I know one couple, who went thru that route. I think (I don't know for sure) the husband had to volunteer (he was already here in H4) for a couple of months to prove to the university that he is good. As I understand, you can volunteer for non-profits when you are in H4. Of course they are not going to pay you while in H4.
I think the nitty gritties of these things has to be worked on with a good immigration lawyer.
Cheers,
h1techSlave
I think this is the best option, if the Indian citizen has marketiable skills. Non-profits/universities etc. can file for H1, even when quota is exhausted. If the spouse in the US know some one from the non-profit, then trying to file for H1 for spouse is one good option. I know one couple, who went thru that route. I think (I don't know for sure) the husband had to volunteer (he was already here in H4) for a couple of months to prove to the university that he is good. As I understand, you can volunteer for non-profits when you are in H4. Of course they are not going to pay you while in H4.
I think the nitty gritties of these things has to be worked on with a good immigration lawyer.
Cheers,
h1techSlave
imm_pro
08-26 12:45 PM
Congrats man..looks like you got ur GC in a record 2.5 years..way to go
Dipika
03-28 09:41 AM
guys, Murthy says EB2 will move forward in May 2008 bulletine. Reason is getting leftover visa from EB1 India's category.
http://murthy.com/bulletin.html
hoping big forward move.:D
http://murthy.com/bulletin.html
hoping big forward move.:D
sintax321
09-04 03:32 PM
You are right that picture explains everything=)
No comments:
Post a Comment