Rohan99
05-26 04:11 PM
Thank you samswas
All of them might not be applicable for all, but found this on another forum ...
1 - New SSN to get rid of pesky legend "requires INS authorization..."
2 - SSN for wife
3 - Drivers license for wife without pesky legend "temporary for one yr or until H1 validity...", etc.)
4 - Update I-9 form with employer
5 - Someone here said let your mortgage company know about GC if you own a home, not sure why?
6 - Do not hand over the I-94 card to the airlines/immigration offices at the airport. Keep it or through away
7 - Do not need to carry anything other then Passport and Green Card when travelling
All of them might not be applicable for all, but found this on another forum ...
1 - New SSN to get rid of pesky legend "requires INS authorization..."
2 - SSN for wife
3 - Drivers license for wife without pesky legend "temporary for one yr or until H1 validity...", etc.)
4 - Update I-9 form with employer
5 - Someone here said let your mortgage company know about GC if you own a home, not sure why?
6 - Do not hand over the I-94 card to the airlines/immigration offices at the airport. Keep it or through away
7 - Do not need to carry anything other then Passport and Green Card when travelling
wallpaper i love you sweetheart quotes. All you need is LOVE… and a

satya1234
03-29 01:05 PM
Thanks for the reply. Yes H1 extension has been applied before I94 expires.
But by the time H1 transfer applies, I94 got expired.
Please let me know if you need any futher information.
But by the time H1 transfer applies, I94 got expired.
Please let me know if you need any futher information.
desi3933
06-26 12:35 AM
Hi. I came from the Philippines and signed a contract for a 3-year obligation as a PT here in the US. My employer paid my recruiter (agency) fees to get me here. In the whole process, I did not shell out anything except for my airfare and other minor fees. However, my recruiter made this written contract saying that if I breach it, I have to pay all the expenses, as in literally all of it regardless of how long I already worked within the three-year period. I just feel that I am being held by my employer since I am planning to move to another company that would better give me the chance to have a green card to a place where I really like to live. Is it really legal that a recruiter make a copy of a contract/bond for the employer and the recruit to sign on it and for me to be responsible to pay all of the fees should I breach the contract? Is there any law/article that prohibits this practice?
I highly appreciate your warm assistance.
NaturopathicPT
Please consult an attorney that deals with Employment and Contract law in your employer's state. Some things are legally binding and other are not. It depends on your agreement terms.
__________________
Not a legal advice
I highly appreciate your warm assistance.
NaturopathicPT
Please consult an attorney that deals with Employment and Contract law in your employer's state. Some things are legally binding and other are not. It depends on your agreement terms.
__________________
Not a legal advice
2011 i love you sweetheart quotes. i love you boy quotes; i love you boy quotes

vin13
03-11 03:20 PM
Hi All,
EB3-ROW PD: June 6, 2005
AOS application sent: July 1, 2007
I switched employent on December 2007. I didn't transfer H1-B so I am using my EAD to work for the new company. I didn't file for AC21 because I was worried about RFE or other type of complications.
My H1-b visa and I94 expired on May 2008. I am planning to visit my homecountry and come back on AP. As I understand all I need normally is AP+ passport+ I485 receipt. However, I also read some forum members recommending that we carry recent pay stubs and an employment letter from our company. I also read some that folks were asked if they were still working for the same company. My honest answer would be "no". I left my GC sponsoring firm (A) and joined company (B). So I wouln't have letters or pay stubs from company A. Would that be a problem at the POE? If I run into an IO that prefers to scrutinize, I might get into trouble. This really worries me. Again I switched jobs and never filed for AC21. Would I be at fault for not reporting the job change?
Thanks a lot for all your support!!
I changed jobs twice using AP. I filed AC21 first time. I did not file AC21 when i moved the second time. I am no longer on H1-B.
I entered US on AP couple of months ago. Passport and AP document are all you need.
At POE, I let the IO know that i am entering on AP. If not they may start to look for visa in the passport. Hand over the AP documents and passport. I was sent to secondary inspection(typical for AP holders. nothing to be concerned). They take the documents at the secondary inspection and ask to wait. Few minutes later, they call me and give me a stamped AP document, I-94 and passport.
My sincere advise, also take I-485 receipt notice, I-140 approval document, employment letter from current employer (few words describing your job duties and when you started),
and current pay stubs. All these are supporting documents only if they ask.
Changing jobs without informing USCIS is OK when you are using AC 21. There is no rule that you need to inform job changes.
Another smart thing to do would be in the employment letter also mention that this job is similar to the one applied for your green card. Again these are not mandatory just a good supporting document.
EB3-ROW PD: June 6, 2005
AOS application sent: July 1, 2007
I switched employent on December 2007. I didn't transfer H1-B so I am using my EAD to work for the new company. I didn't file for AC21 because I was worried about RFE or other type of complications.
My H1-b visa and I94 expired on May 2008. I am planning to visit my homecountry and come back on AP. As I understand all I need normally is AP+ passport+ I485 receipt. However, I also read some forum members recommending that we carry recent pay stubs and an employment letter from our company. I also read some that folks were asked if they were still working for the same company. My honest answer would be "no". I left my GC sponsoring firm (A) and joined company (B). So I wouln't have letters or pay stubs from company A. Would that be a problem at the POE? If I run into an IO that prefers to scrutinize, I might get into trouble. This really worries me. Again I switched jobs and never filed for AC21. Would I be at fault for not reporting the job change?
Thanks a lot for all your support!!
I changed jobs twice using AP. I filed AC21 first time. I did not file AC21 when i moved the second time. I am no longer on H1-B.
I entered US on AP couple of months ago. Passport and AP document are all you need.
At POE, I let the IO know that i am entering on AP. If not they may start to look for visa in the passport. Hand over the AP documents and passport. I was sent to secondary inspection(typical for AP holders. nothing to be concerned). They take the documents at the secondary inspection and ask to wait. Few minutes later, they call me and give me a stamped AP document, I-94 and passport.
My sincere advise, also take I-485 receipt notice, I-140 approval document, employment letter from current employer (few words describing your job duties and when you started),
and current pay stubs. All these are supporting documents only if they ask.
Changing jobs without informing USCIS is OK when you are using AC 21. There is no rule that you need to inform job changes.
Another smart thing to do would be in the employment letter also mention that this job is similar to the one applied for your green card. Again these are not mandatory just a good supporting document.
more...
unitednations
02-27 12:27 PM
Hi all
I am a green card holder. I received my green card through an application filed by a former employer, and received it in September 2004. I got married in Arpil 2006, my wife is from my home country, she had been in the US previously on an F-1 status which has since ran out. She became pregnant soon after we were married. She came up to the US last September on a B visa. She was given 6 months stay on her I-94; and had the baby here in January of 2007. Her expiration date on the I-94 is in 3 weeks and she is going to leave (with the baby) to maintain good status standing.
I filed for her (I-130) last July. Our plan at this time is for her to go to grad school, apply for a new F-1 to come back here. We are presently waiting for a decsion on the grad school application from the school she applied to.
I hope this isnt too confusing, but can anyone offer any suggestions or help with our situation? In terms of what options are out there for my wife to be here with me if things dont work out with grad school/ F-1 visa? As I mentioned I did file for her, but as I am not a citizen it will take longer. Also our newborn baby is a US citizen as she was born here.
Thank you!!
This is why consulates and uscis are so tough.
You got married before she got the visitor visa? Did you tell the truth on the visa application? If you did then they probably wouldn't have given the visa.
Now you have filed I-130 for her which difinitively shows immigrant intent. On the I-539 form if you tell the truth they will deny the extension/change of status because she has shown immigrant intent.
Sorry, not much good news for you.
I am a green card holder. I received my green card through an application filed by a former employer, and received it in September 2004. I got married in Arpil 2006, my wife is from my home country, she had been in the US previously on an F-1 status which has since ran out. She became pregnant soon after we were married. She came up to the US last September on a B visa. She was given 6 months stay on her I-94; and had the baby here in January of 2007. Her expiration date on the I-94 is in 3 weeks and she is going to leave (with the baby) to maintain good status standing.
I filed for her (I-130) last July. Our plan at this time is for her to go to grad school, apply for a new F-1 to come back here. We are presently waiting for a decsion on the grad school application from the school she applied to.
I hope this isnt too confusing, but can anyone offer any suggestions or help with our situation? In terms of what options are out there for my wife to be here with me if things dont work out with grad school/ F-1 visa? As I mentioned I did file for her, but as I am not a citizen it will take longer. Also our newborn baby is a US citizen as she was born here.
Thank you!!
This is why consulates and uscis are so tough.
You got married before she got the visitor visa? Did you tell the truth on the visa application? If you did then they probably wouldn't have given the visa.
Now you have filed I-130 for her which difinitively shows immigrant intent. On the I-539 form if you tell the truth they will deny the extension/change of status because she has shown immigrant intent.
Sorry, not much good news for you.
JunRN
12-18 08:07 AM
AC21 is quite tricky. There is no hard and fast rule that if the ONET number is similar, USCIS will automatically rule in favor of the change. IO's will still look at the details of each job requirements and will check if it matches the requirements in the Labor Certification.
ONET number will somehow help specially if it falls under one category or number and the new job title is listed as sample. But remember, USCIS will still look at the details and will not rely on just the title.
ONET number will somehow help specially if it falls under one category or number and the new job title is listed as sample. But remember, USCIS will still look at the details and will not rely on just the title.
more...
CADude
08-03 07:29 PM
Consult a good lawyer without any further delay. If you are out of status then it's problem for GC also.
PLEASE CONSULT A GOOD LAWYER TODAY ITSELF.
This is a really complicated case. You should consult a good attorney. The people in this forum are not lawyers. They just have some knowledge about immigration process and laws.
If I was in your place I will file for another H1B through Company B. There is a risk in this also as your current H1B extension is denied.
Stay in good terms with your current employer. Tell him once he is able to resolve the issue of H1B denial, you will come back to him. Also tell him once you get your EAD you will come back.
The problem is USCIS denied H1B extension due to non-compliance of rule in paying the employees, they can probably deny the 485 for the same reason.
PLEASE CONSULT A GOOD LAWYER TODAY ITSELF.
This is a really complicated case. You should consult a good attorney. The people in this forum are not lawyers. They just have some knowledge about immigration process and laws.
If I was in your place I will file for another H1B through Company B. There is a risk in this also as your current H1B extension is denied.
Stay in good terms with your current employer. Tell him once he is able to resolve the issue of H1B denial, you will come back to him. Also tell him once you get your EAD you will come back.
The problem is USCIS denied H1B extension due to non-compliance of rule in paying the employees, they can probably deny the 485 for the same reason.
2010 You know how much I love you
logiclife
02-08 11:48 AM
You want to keep your 140 intact for 2 reasons:
1. To port the priority date for future use in a subsequent Greencard petition.
2. To get more H1 extensions based on this 140, until you have another labor and 140 going on with new employer.
First, about 1:
There is a lot of information on this thread about priority date transfers (http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=912)from old approved 140 to a new 140. Read that thread and you will learn all you want to learn and all the information out there in the immigration world about PD transfer from one 140 to another 140.
In a nutshell:
Its a grey area of the law. If your 140 is never revoked, you would be fine and able to port your priority date. If it is revoked for fraud and willful misrepresentation, then you cannot port that PD under any circumstances. If 140 is revoked by employer then it falls into grey area. USCIS adjudicator's field manual says that you can still port your PD. The code of federal regulations says that you cannot. Currently USCIS is porting priority dates even if employer has revoked that 140, and they are following the AFM(adjudicator's field manual). However that can change in future. Legislation trumps regulation and regulation trumps the adjudicator's field manual. For now, things are great as AFM is being followed.
About 2:
If you have an H1 approved for 3 years after 140 approval, and you transfer jobs to a new employer and get another H1. You should be fine. If your previous employer cancels your I-140 after you leave and go to another employer, then USCIS will not go back and cancel your H1 because it was based on an approved 140 that is now revoked. This is what is happening as of now. At the time of H1 transfer to your new employer, your 140 should be in good status and you should have a photocopy of your approved 140. Once your H1 transfer is done (probably will have same end-date as the current 3-year H1 from your current employer), if the 140 is revoked AFTER that, then you should be fine. I am saying this based on advice from a very good lawyer.
Now, in far future, USCIS may decide to go and look for H1s that were approved based on approved 140 and then if that 140 is revoked, then they would go and cancel that H1 also. Its very very unlikely that they would do that even in future. They dont have that kind of resources to keep track of H1s based on 140 approvals and then go back and cancel them whenever some disappointed employer revokes 140.
About preventing 140 from being revoked:
I do not think that by changing lawyers, you can stop the previous 140 from being revoked. Your previous employer, for any reason, can get that 140 revoked with any lawyer they choose, regardless of who your current lawyer is. Lawyers are tied to clients, not petitions and cases. However, if someone knows more about this, please post here.
1. To port the priority date for future use in a subsequent Greencard petition.
2. To get more H1 extensions based on this 140, until you have another labor and 140 going on with new employer.
First, about 1:
There is a lot of information on this thread about priority date transfers (http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=912)from old approved 140 to a new 140. Read that thread and you will learn all you want to learn and all the information out there in the immigration world about PD transfer from one 140 to another 140.
In a nutshell:
Its a grey area of the law. If your 140 is never revoked, you would be fine and able to port your priority date. If it is revoked for fraud and willful misrepresentation, then you cannot port that PD under any circumstances. If 140 is revoked by employer then it falls into grey area. USCIS adjudicator's field manual says that you can still port your PD. The code of federal regulations says that you cannot. Currently USCIS is porting priority dates even if employer has revoked that 140, and they are following the AFM(adjudicator's field manual). However that can change in future. Legislation trumps regulation and regulation trumps the adjudicator's field manual. For now, things are great as AFM is being followed.
About 2:
If you have an H1 approved for 3 years after 140 approval, and you transfer jobs to a new employer and get another H1. You should be fine. If your previous employer cancels your I-140 after you leave and go to another employer, then USCIS will not go back and cancel your H1 because it was based on an approved 140 that is now revoked. This is what is happening as of now. At the time of H1 transfer to your new employer, your 140 should be in good status and you should have a photocopy of your approved 140. Once your H1 transfer is done (probably will have same end-date as the current 3-year H1 from your current employer), if the 140 is revoked AFTER that, then you should be fine. I am saying this based on advice from a very good lawyer.
Now, in far future, USCIS may decide to go and look for H1s that were approved based on approved 140 and then if that 140 is revoked, then they would go and cancel that H1 also. Its very very unlikely that they would do that even in future. They dont have that kind of resources to keep track of H1s based on 140 approvals and then go back and cancel them whenever some disappointed employer revokes 140.
About preventing 140 from being revoked:
I do not think that by changing lawyers, you can stop the previous 140 from being revoked. Your previous employer, for any reason, can get that 140 revoked with any lawyer they choose, regardless of who your current lawyer is. Lawyers are tied to clients, not petitions and cases. However, if someone knows more about this, please post here.
more...
lazycis
02-13 01:02 PM
"Amnesty to LEGAL immigrants!"
hair I agree, I mean to buy a
Kevin M
April 4th, 2005, 06:13 AM
Dual exposure is the obvious and best solution to extremes in lighting but it necessitates setting up a tripod etc.
However, quite often one's best landscapes are an opportunity that presents itself on the spur of the moment. Frequently in these cases the lighting may not fit comfortably into the dynamic range and/or - dare I say it - one's exposure may also be hasty and less than optimum. Dual conversion of a single RAW file is is a great help in this regard. Whilst never quite as good as two separate exposures, I get the impression that the raw converter can extract a remarkable amount of hidden information from a file where the range is not too extreme.
In analogue terms this would be equivalent to being able to develop a single negative image twice with different dilutions temperatures etc (that would be a neat trick). The resulting image may not be technically perfect but may work perfectly in terms of aesthetics.
Kevin
http://homepage.eircom.net/~bot/paint/photo.htm
However, quite often one's best landscapes are an opportunity that presents itself on the spur of the moment. Frequently in these cases the lighting may not fit comfortably into the dynamic range and/or - dare I say it - one's exposure may also be hasty and less than optimum. Dual conversion of a single RAW file is is a great help in this regard. Whilst never quite as good as two separate exposures, I get the impression that the raw converter can extract a remarkable amount of hidden information from a file where the range is not too extreme.
In analogue terms this would be equivalent to being able to develop a single negative image twice with different dilutions temperatures etc (that would be a neat trick). The resulting image may not be technically perfect but may work perfectly in terms of aesthetics.
Kevin
http://homepage.eircom.net/~bot/paint/photo.htm
more...

amitga
12-06 04:41 PM
I came from India to US on a intercompany transfer on L1 Visa. After 3 yrs I left the company and joined another one on H1B. Now I Joined back the old company and in the mean while my old company sold its Indian subsidiary. I am asking them to file an EB1 for me, but they are telling me that since they have sold the Indian Subsidiary, now they cannot file EB1 based on that company transfer.
In my view the eligibity is determined based on the fact that I originally joined that company on a company transfer.
Please let me know your view.
In my view the eligibity is determined based on the fact that I originally joined that company on a company transfer.
Please let me know your view.
hot i love you friend images.
kk_kk
02-03 06:51 PM
I can say for sure, Canada PR is not going to work because I went through the same situation and I was not allowed to board British Airways flight in Hyderabad with Canada PR and US AP.
I am still fighting with BA for getting an refund.
I had to buy an emergency ticket on AI to get back to US because I could not get my vacation extended
I am still fighting with BA for getting an refund.
I had to buy an emergency ticket on AI to get back to US because I could not get my vacation extended
more...
house i love you sweetheart quotes.
transpass
07-16 10:19 AM
I checked with the lawyer's office regarding levels I, II, II and IV on labor certification...The thing that determines EB2 and EB3 is what is written on the approved I-140.
For example, if it says 'Mem of Profession w/Adv Deg, or Exceptional ability Sec 203 (b) (2)' it is EB2. So it's what's checked in when u file your 140, and what it is approved for.
As far as levels I, II, III and IV are concerned, it does not matter regarding adjudication. The thing that only matters is either EB2 or EB3 (which is based on 140 approval as mentioned above) for Indians and Chinese in this case...
For example, if it says 'Mem of Profession w/Adv Deg, or Exceptional ability Sec 203 (b) (2)' it is EB2. So it's what's checked in when u file your 140, and what it is approved for.
As far as levels I, II, III and IV are concerned, it does not matter regarding adjudication. The thing that only matters is either EB2 or EB3 (which is based on 140 approval as mentioned above) for Indians and Chinese in this case...
tattoo i love you sweetheart quotes
InTheMoment
08-10 06:09 PM
This is not a proposal for a new law but regulations by the administration within the bounds of the current law.
My humble suggestion: Please do your homework before voicing your opinion.
guys, this kind of proposals have been raised million times in last 5 years. These guys are passing their time till next election. Nothing is going to happen till next election. So do not build any hopes. None of the proposal is going to be a law before election.
My humble suggestion: Please do your homework before voicing your opinion.
guys, this kind of proposals have been raised million times in last 5 years. These guys are passing their time till next election. Nothing is going to happen till next election. So do not build any hopes. None of the proposal is going to be a law before election.
more...
pictures i love you sweetheart quotes

milind70
07-27 11:01 AM
I would file for 485, but maintain my H1, and bring her here on H4. A PD of EB3-March-2005 is not going to get current anytime soon, I would not miss out on the option to use AC21 to switch jobs...
He cant use AC21 as he will lose his H1 status and his wife will out of status.
He would be advised to keep his H1 status all the way till he gets his green card or till his wife is able to apply for 485.
He cant use AC21 as he will lose his H1 status and his wife will out of status.
He would be advised to keep his H1 status all the way till he gets his green card or till his wife is able to apply for 485.
dresses I Love You Sweetheart
blackberry
08-05 08:04 PM
So this contradicts the theory of applicant not getting reciept notice if using G-28 !
Is there anyone else who had the same experience ??
--BB
Is there anyone else who had the same experience ??
--BB
more...
makeup I Love You Sweetheart

sriswam
06-28 06:36 PM
Guess I found the answer. e-filing is disabled for 140. USCIS was quick on the draw :)
girlfriend i love you sweetheart quotes.
Foster2007
07-07 12:27 PM
Good idea. I gave highest rating. The video summarizes the issue for the candidates very well!!!
hairstyles i love you sweetheart quotes. why i love you quotes for him.
axp817
07-04 09:55 AM
Why would doing anything legal have implications on becoming a citizen?
And to answer your question, No, your owning a gun legally, has no implications whatsoever on getting your citizenship.
There are many legal gun owners who don't even have their green card yet, and no, they are not going to face any problems during 485 approval either.
Look through some of my old posts, and you'll find a thread with information on legal aliens owning guns in America, although a lot of the information on that thread pertains to non-immigrant aliens. You being a permanent resident, have it much easier. Go through that thread and if you still have questions, ask, and I'm sure you'll get an answer.
Good luck, be a safe, responsible, and proud gun owner.
And to answer your question, No, your owning a gun legally, has no implications whatsoever on getting your citizenship.
There are many legal gun owners who don't even have their green card yet, and no, they are not going to face any problems during 485 approval either.
Look through some of my old posts, and you'll find a thread with information on legal aliens owning guns in America, although a lot of the information on that thread pertains to non-immigrant aliens. You being a permanent resident, have it much easier. Go through that thread and if you still have questions, ask, and I'm sure you'll get an answer.
Good luck, be a safe, responsible, and proud gun owner.
EndlessWait
12-14 09:49 AM
So while you delayed to renew the EAD... you possibly were in US working on H1B. My situation is a little different, I am planning to leave the country for a year... so
1) Wanted to check if I can stay out of US for that long while AoS in pending...is there any such restriction that you can be away for only 2 months.
2) That potentially means I won't be getting paid in US... so no payroll for that much time, Is there any restriction on how many payslips I can miss.
Any help in this regard....
i checked with my attorney..AOS is for ppl who are inside US and waiting. You should see if you can transfer case to consuellor processing
1) Wanted to check if I can stay out of US for that long while AoS in pending...is there any such restriction that you can be away for only 2 months.
2) That potentially means I won't be getting paid in US... so no payroll for that much time, Is there any restriction on how many payslips I can miss.
Any help in this regard....
i checked with my attorney..AOS is for ppl who are inside US and waiting. You should see if you can transfer case to consuellor processing
nirenjoshi
01-17 01:39 PM
slc ut,
We applied for my wife's ITIN # in July 06 and received the # in about 4-6 weeks. i cant remember exactly how many days it took..
We used the W7 form to get the ITIN #..
I am from North Carolina...
We applied for my wife's ITIN # in July 06 and received the # in about 4-6 weeks. i cant remember exactly how many days it took..
We used the W7 form to get the ITIN #..
I am from North Carolina...
No comments:
Post a Comment