jest_1
03-15 08:15 AM
Even if your visa is expired, if you have valid approval notice, you do not need airport visa. You can refer to the following website: http://www.germany.info/relaunch/info/consular_services/visa/countrylist.html#except4
Exception 4 applies to India.
Exception 4 applies to India.
plshelpme
09-22 12:04 PM
my labor is in audit. how long does it take to clear?
tnite
06-18 04:12 PM
I'd got an extension within US, haven't left. Are you sure to put the old visa info. What about the new H1 approval which is valid. Shouldn't one put that info.
BTW, what is the visa no#..is it the control no# or EAC no#...
H1B approval notice doesnt carry any of the information requested like visa no, date issues, place issued
You can check with a lawyer.
Visa number is the number on u'r H1b visa stamp in the passport which is on the right bottom and it's in red color.its not the control number
BTW, what is the visa no#..is it the control no# or EAC no#...
H1B approval notice doesnt carry any of the information requested like visa no, date issues, place issued
You can check with a lawyer.
Visa number is the number on u'r H1b visa stamp in the passport which is on the right bottom and it's in red color.its not the control number
speedo
08-05 11:49 AM
I filed 485 with G28 form and I just got the receipt yesterday.
Details:
I485 - Myselft & Wife filed on July 2nd 7:55 am NSC
Received receipts for both yesterday August 3rd.
Sit tight and relax, everyone will get theirs.
Details:
I485 - Myselft & Wife filed on July 2nd 7:55 am NSC
Received receipts for both yesterday August 3rd.
Sit tight and relax, everyone will get theirs.
more...
immi_seeker
04-06 12:10 AM
Bump.
partha_vus
06-15 10:52 PM
Thanks for the reply.
But i filed GC 6 times i had three approved I 140's with different priority dates.
I missed filing my 485 couple times.
thanks,
But i filed GC 6 times i had three approved I 140's with different priority dates.
I missed filing my 485 couple times.
thanks,
more...
amoljak
05-03 08:10 AM
nk2006, Thanks for poiting that out. I have stopped thinking beyond I140 :)
frostrated
04-09 04:49 PM
i would say efile. You will get the file number immediately as opposed to the mai taking a couple of days to travel and then getting processed into the system. Ultimately, there might be a difference of upto 7 days between case numbers. The earlier your case number, the more advanageous your position will be.
Just my 2 cents.
Just my 2 cents.
more...
maverick_iv
12-05 09:35 PM
Don't think there is any need to take your kid along. Other than avoiding the postal delay, applying in person has no other advantages. The person sitting in the counter would double check your docs and accept the application and would give the standard response that it would take 45 days. If you had done your homework, you don't have to worry about another person checking your docs.
Other tips for folks going to the DC embassy:
- None of the phone numbers would be answered.
- At the counter there would three phone numbers listed for PIO/OCI queries(no mention of those in the website) - but you won't be able to get anyone on those lines either.
- What is really helpful is that everyday between 12.30 and 1pm, you could get into the main building of the embassy for PIO/OCI queries.
- The person approving the PIOs is Mr. Natesan - a very helpful and patient chap.
- Once you get into the office, you'll have a story to tell on how PIOs are processed. You would notice a number of USPS tubs full of PIO applns in the corridor with folks trying to look and pull their applns out.
- Regardless, if you have a pending appln, you could explain the situation and request for the PIO to be issued the same day. The folks in the PIO section are very cooperative - there were about 12-13 people on the day that I went in - Almost all of them got it on the same day regardless of when they applied.
Harikris - My suggestion to you is to mail your application right away and take a trip to the DC embassy a week or two later. If you want to, you could apply in person and try your luck the same day.
Hi,
Thanks for your response.
AFAIK, there is no tatkal or emergency type of service for PIO card - atleast not at Washington DC which is our jurisdiction.
My company surprised all it's employees with a 2 week of paid X-Mas holidays. Hence the need for PIO card asap. Hence the reasoning for going and applying in person. So, do i absolutely need to take the kid? I don't see any reason why i should. But better to check with ppl that have first hand experience in submitting the application in person at the Embassy counter.
Thanks for the idea on the thumb impressions. That helps.
Other tips for folks going to the DC embassy:
- None of the phone numbers would be answered.
- At the counter there would three phone numbers listed for PIO/OCI queries(no mention of those in the website) - but you won't be able to get anyone on those lines either.
- What is really helpful is that everyday between 12.30 and 1pm, you could get into the main building of the embassy for PIO/OCI queries.
- The person approving the PIOs is Mr. Natesan - a very helpful and patient chap.
- Once you get into the office, you'll have a story to tell on how PIOs are processed. You would notice a number of USPS tubs full of PIO applns in the corridor with folks trying to look and pull their applns out.
- Regardless, if you have a pending appln, you could explain the situation and request for the PIO to be issued the same day. The folks in the PIO section are very cooperative - there were about 12-13 people on the day that I went in - Almost all of them got it on the same day regardless of when they applied.
Harikris - My suggestion to you is to mail your application right away and take a trip to the DC embassy a week or two later. If you want to, you could apply in person and try your luck the same day.
Hi,
Thanks for your response.
AFAIK, there is no tatkal or emergency type of service for PIO card - atleast not at Washington DC which is our jurisdiction.
My company surprised all it's employees with a 2 week of paid X-Mas holidays. Hence the need for PIO card asap. Hence the reasoning for going and applying in person. So, do i absolutely need to take the kid? I don't see any reason why i should. But better to check with ppl that have first hand experience in submitting the application in person at the Embassy counter.
Thanks for the idea on the thumb impressions. That helps.
ita
01-16 12:05 PM
While on EAD-AC21 do you know if they compare the salary mentioned on offer letter or the acual W2 amount or is it both to check if it is close to what is mentioned on LC?
Because the salary on offer letter could be like $15K-$20K/$20K-$30K more than what is mentioned on LC but
If the W2 reflects not so much difference(like you go on unpaid vacations if possible) then will this be OK?
Appreciate your advice on this
Man how many things we have to watch before we do this AC21.I think sometimes I'm thinking/planning too much rather than just taking the jump.
Thank you.
Because the salary on offer letter could be like $15K-$20K/$20K-$30K more than what is mentioned on LC but
If the W2 reflects not so much difference(like you go on unpaid vacations if possible) then will this be OK?
Appreciate your advice on this
Man how many things we have to watch before we do this AC21.I think sometimes I'm thinking/planning too much rather than just taking the jump.
Thank you.
more...
chanduv23
09-14 02:21 PM
We are employee of employers - not chained slaves of employers.
They can pay me less , they can scare me of revoking 140 , they can make me sign fictitious bonds for getting future employment letter BUT they can not take away my basic civil rights as a human being. As long as you professionally inform that will be taking day off for personal reasons - they are NOT supposed to ask what is that reason. You can tell the later unofficially that you attending Rally for peacefully supporting a good cause.
As long as you are scared - they will play dirty tricks on you
But if you are brave - they wont do it
They can pay me less , they can scare me of revoking 140 , they can make me sign fictitious bonds for getting future employment letter BUT they can not take away my basic civil rights as a human being. As long as you professionally inform that will be taking day off for personal reasons - they are NOT supposed to ask what is that reason. You can tell the later unofficially that you attending Rally for peacefully supporting a good cause.
As long as you are scared - they will play dirty tricks on you
But if you are brave - they wont do it
TEKNMEK
03-02 11:06 AM
How important is it to have a letter from the client for h4 to h1. Though the person has the paystubs till date.
TIA
It is advisable to have the letter just incase if the officer asks for it. Although in my case, the officer did not ask for the letter.
TIA
It is advisable to have the letter just incase if the officer asks for it. Although in my case, the officer did not ask for the letter.
more...
Saralayar
07-28 09:09 PM
I'm getting fed up with people on this forum who assume that India is the only country from which people immigrate to the US, and always only mention the India dates when talking about cut off dates, and assume that are the only dates people want to talk about.
Even though India is by far the country of birth with the most high skilled immigrants to the US, it still takes up less than half of the number of high skilled immigrants. By some discussions going on on this forum, you would think 95% of the high skilled immigrants come from India.
Yes you are correct. Guys just like that start some heart breaking threads. Not doing proper research on such delicate and sensitive issues.
Even though India is by far the country of birth with the most high skilled immigrants to the US, it still takes up less than half of the number of high skilled immigrants. By some discussions going on on this forum, you would think 95% of the high skilled immigrants come from India.
Yes you are correct. Guys just like that start some heart breaking threads. Not doing proper research on such delicate and sensitive issues.

green_card_curious
03-08 12:15 PM
Thanks Drak. My attorney states otherwise though. He states that I-485 will be denied only after the ultimate denial of the I-140, which he says might take even about a year, and that in the mean time, I-485 will be valid and that she can continue to work on EAD.
P E R P L E X E D !!
P E R P L E X E D !!
more...
aug2007
02-24 12:02 AM
I'm in sixth year of H1. Also have EAD for more than 2 years but not used. Also, have valid AP (approved in Dec 2009). My I140 is approved more than a year back and I485 is pending since August 2007.
I'm going to lose my job next week. So, I've sent I9 to switch from H1 to EAD.
I'm looking for new job. But couldn't find any matching job so far as per my EB3 labor (PD oct 2004). But there are lot of full time positions that matches my EB3 labor. My employer is saying that he will cancel the I140, if I go to another company using AC21. What should I do to avoid any issue with my pending I485, if my current employer withdraws/cancells approved I140. Should I not inform my current employer about the job change till I file AC21? Or is it not a good idea to move to new employer as my current employer will cancel approved I140?
I dont have the copy of I140 approval notice. Is this required in the future for rest of the GC Process?
Can I travel out of the country without the job? Will it cause any issue at the Port of Entry, if I use AP to enter US (but currently doesn't have the job in hand)? Please advice.
I'm going to lose my job next week. So, I've sent I9 to switch from H1 to EAD.
I'm looking for new job. But couldn't find any matching job so far as per my EB3 labor (PD oct 2004). But there are lot of full time positions that matches my EB3 labor. My employer is saying that he will cancel the I140, if I go to another company using AC21. What should I do to avoid any issue with my pending I485, if my current employer withdraws/cancells approved I140. Should I not inform my current employer about the job change till I file AC21? Or is it not a good idea to move to new employer as my current employer will cancel approved I140?
I dont have the copy of I140 approval notice. Is this required in the future for rest of the GC Process?
Can I travel out of the country without the job? Will it cause any issue at the Port of Entry, if I use AP to enter US (but currently doesn't have the job in hand)? Please advice.
mk26
03-31 03:29 PM
Thanks all for your help and great inputs. IV has helped me a lot.
I wish you all the best ...
TKs, GG
Hey Congrats..!! don't forget to login IV and let us know the life with GC
I wish you all the best ...
TKs, GG
Hey Congrats..!! don't forget to login IV and let us know the life with GC
more...
clif
06-07 10:03 AM
You can change jobs. Make sure you (or your attorney) send the AC21 letter to USCIS before your employer revokes the approved I-140. If you do that, the revokation won't have much effect, otherwise you may get NOID (Notice of Intent to Deny).
tammigaw
02-06 05:27 PM
Thanks a lot for heart warming response .
I greatly appreciate your comments .
Ask him to go to hell!!!
Pls go on and join wherever you like and tell him this is a free country like India.Go to a lawyer and sue him if he talks any further...Not to worry,my friend.
I greatly appreciate your comments .
Ask him to go to hell!!!
Pls go on and join wherever you like and tell him this is a free country like India.Go to a lawyer and sue him if he talks any further...Not to worry,my friend.
wandmaker
10-13 02:40 PM
I got the 140 denial notice.
The USCIS did not mentioned any reason like my valid labour is expired.Not sure is the denial is because of 180 day rule or not.
Here is the reason...
The petitioner did not submit an individual labour certification for the beneficiary or evidence of schedule A designation.As such, the beneficiary is ineligible for classification as a member of the preofessions holding an advanced degree or an alien of exceptional ability.
there is no proof (valid labor) that you are eligible for EB2. since you labor is expired, there is no labor and you can not proceed with 140 - so they denied your 140
I think the first line "The petitioner did not submit an individual labour certification for the beneficiary..." is relevant to your suspicion of an expired labor. It effectively says that there are no valid labor certification against your I140 application, which means that the Labor certification you filed your I140 against, is not valid anymore.
Please restart your Labor again, ASAP.
Correct
The USCIS did not mentioned any reason like my valid labour is expired.Not sure is the denial is because of 180 day rule or not.
Here is the reason...
The petitioner did not submit an individual labour certification for the beneficiary or evidence of schedule A designation.As such, the beneficiary is ineligible for classification as a member of the preofessions holding an advanced degree or an alien of exceptional ability.
there is no proof (valid labor) that you are eligible for EB2. since you labor is expired, there is no labor and you can not proceed with 140 - so they denied your 140
I think the first line "The petitioner did not submit an individual labour certification for the beneficiary..." is relevant to your suspicion of an expired labor. It effectively says that there are no valid labor certification against your I140 application, which means that the Labor certification you filed your I140 against, is not valid anymore.
Please restart your Labor again, ASAP.
Correct
martinvisalaw
06-16 01:01 PM
Thank you Ms. Martin for your replies, it has been very helpful. As a follow up to hiralal's post, I have a question regarding H-1 status, totally unrelated to the original poster.
If one has a valid H-1, already extended beyond 6 years and is valid till 2011, has a pending I-485: what happens when that I-485 is denied? Is the H-1 status lost immdeiately as is the EAD/AP situation?
Your H-1B should not be revoked just because the 485 is denied. You should be able to continue in H-1B status until it expires. However, you would not be eligible for extensions since you would be over the 6 year maximum.
If one has a valid H-1, already extended beyond 6 years and is valid till 2011, has a pending I-485: what happens when that I-485 is denied? Is the H-1 status lost immdeiately as is the EAD/AP situation?
Your H-1B should not be revoked just because the 485 is denied. You should be able to continue in H-1B status until it expires. However, you would not be eligible for extensions since you would be over the 6 year maximum.
Anders �stberg
June 19th, 2005, 09:29 AM
A bit better but still a little grey. I don't think you can get detail on the chest area for instance and keep the blacks looking black on the rest of the bird.
I do use autofocus, at least with the 1D2 it works fine. The 20D is a bit iffy, it should work but it hunts sometimes.
I do use autofocus, at least with the 1D2 it works fine. The 20D is a bit iffy, it should work but it hunts sometimes.
No comments:
Post a Comment