
twoodcc
Mar 14, 09:54 PM
Hey we finally passed someone! Keep up the good work guys! Only 3.2 weeks till we pass another team! We should really start kicking butt again when a new OS X client comes out so us Mac/Hackintosh folders can run Bigadvs again!
yes we did! we are now ranked #61! keep it up!:cool:
yes we did! we are now ranked #61! keep it up!:cool:
quagmire
Apr 19, 10:20 PM
Oh and you do get wow out of some family sedans, like the BMW 5 series, especially the M5, or some of the Mercs. However, not in the price range of the Malibu..
Those are not family sedans at least not in the US. The 5 series is a luxury car. It's a sedan, but it's not usually called a family sedan.
Those are not family sedans at least not in the US. The 5 series is a luxury car. It's a sedan, but it's not usually called a family sedan.
Xeronimo74
Apr 7, 09:31 AM
I got a weird bug. Sometimes my albums in the photos app go right to the top of the screen and show underneath the 'menubar' at the top so I can tap on it and open the first album in the list. If I pull it back down on the rubberband effect it still goes to the top of the screen?! I have to restart my phone for it to reset and its still hit and miss whether it works.
I've got the same bug. Simply close the photo app in the app bar (clicking the home button twice and then the X). No need to restart the whole phone.
I've got the same bug. Simply close the photo app in the app bar (clicking the home button twice and then the X). No need to restart the whole phone.
HarryPot
May 4, 05:43 PM
The ends don't justify the means torture is wrong period.
Would you support forcible medical testing on people if that forcible testing might save hundreds of thousands of lives in the future?
I tend to disagree with the saying of "ends don't justify the means".
As for your last example, medical testing is a completely different scenario. In the torture case, you are doing it to someone who is part of the terrorist/criminal activity. They are already part of a criminal act, they already broke the law and they are planning in breaking it again to kill/damage more people.
People with medical conditions haven't done anything wrong.
Would you support forcible medical testing on people if that forcible testing might save hundreds of thousands of lives in the future?
I tend to disagree with the saying of "ends don't justify the means".
As for your last example, medical testing is a completely different scenario. In the torture case, you are doing it to someone who is part of the terrorist/criminal activity. They are already part of a criminal act, they already broke the law and they are planning in breaking it again to kill/damage more people.
People with medical conditions haven't done anything wrong.
more...
GGJstudios
May 5, 01:55 PM
About LCD display pixel anomalies for Apple products released in 2010 and later (http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4044)

quagmire
Aug 1, 07:19 PM
My new desktop. It's a picture of Robinson Cano's 100th career home run that I took when I was at Yankee Stadium.
http://img130.imageshack.us/img130/5357/screenshot20100801at816.png
http://img130.imageshack.us/img130/5357/screenshot20100801at816.png
more...
akswun
Apr 29, 08:26 AM
Don't think so.... you're going to need a mixer to cue it up.
Kiwiboi22
Apr 25, 12:30 AM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8F190 Safari/6533.18.5)
My Married uncle has a white one, his wife has black... 3GS I mean
My tutor he has a white 3GS
One of my male friends wants a white iPhone4,
My Married uncle has a white one, his wife has black... 3GS I mean
My tutor he has a white 3GS
One of my male friends wants a white iPhone4,
more...
hastyle
Jan 9, 06:56 PM
Is Macworld just a one day event??? or will they be showing more stuff? I was hoping to hear something about the 8 core mac pro.

rugby
Sep 4, 02:15 PM
I was browsing Amazon.com's monitor section looking for reviews of Apple's 17" lcd screen and I found this. Hmmm.....
more...

maclaptop
Apr 28, 11:08 PM
I own a Samsung Mythic, and I suffer lag input problems
Using Steve Jobs logic, you're using it wrong.
My Galaxy S is fast, fun, and one of my absolute favorites.
But then again, my iPhone 4 would be number one if it had a good phone. I'm hoping my belief in Apple is reinforced when the next iPhone is released.
My first choice is an iPhone as my primary smartphone.
Perhaps Apple will get this one right. :)
Using Steve Jobs logic, you're using it wrong.
My Galaxy S is fast, fun, and one of my absolute favorites.
But then again, my iPhone 4 would be number one if it had a good phone. I'm hoping my belief in Apple is reinforced when the next iPhone is released.
My first choice is an iPhone as my primary smartphone.
Perhaps Apple will get this one right. :)
job
Jul 21, 01:05 PM
Never mind. It's actually a script I needed to run in the terminal.
more...
AndroidfoLife
Apr 21, 04:51 PM
Or you have the case where people like you try to tout the Andriod OS as superior but in reality it is a disaster. I use several models of Andriod phones at work, for testing purposes, and each time I pick one up I want to throw it against the wall. I get really irritated with the cumbersome user interface plus the battery life is horrible. I end up having to leave the Andriod phone plugged in to the wall charger if I use for a few hours. We also have iPhones, and Windows 7 phones at work that we use for testing. Which do you think people perfer using at work. Let me give you a hint, it starts with an A but its second letter is not n.
It depends on how you compare android to iOS. I personally get a full day out of my android phone. Thats with texting all day, one class where i am streaming peers papers the entire time. I am on wifi the entire time. I play Gameboy games for much of the day when i am on the bus. I listen to music when i am going around time on my long board. In all my phone is never in real sleep mode. When I first got the phone my battery life was about an two hours to two hours and a half, then I learned to shut off apps. I love the user interface more then apple. Yeah it lags occaisonally but i get to have all my lovely widgets where i can easily access them. I can see what my next apointment is just by unlocking my phone. I can read an email simply by swiping left. I can send, read a text message just by swiping right. I love it has every thing I need. If it doesn't work you it won't work but for over a million of us it works perfectly. iOS is not Android and Android is not iOS if it works for you it works for you no need to bash the other. I like iOS I just can't see my self using it as a phone OS.
It depends on how you compare android to iOS. I personally get a full day out of my android phone. Thats with texting all day, one class where i am streaming peers papers the entire time. I am on wifi the entire time. I play Gameboy games for much of the day when i am on the bus. I listen to music when i am going around time on my long board. In all my phone is never in real sleep mode. When I first got the phone my battery life was about an two hours to two hours and a half, then I learned to shut off apps. I love the user interface more then apple. Yeah it lags occaisonally but i get to have all my lovely widgets where i can easily access them. I can see what my next apointment is just by unlocking my phone. I can read an email simply by swiping left. I can send, read a text message just by swiping right. I love it has every thing I need. If it doesn't work you it won't work but for over a million of us it works perfectly. iOS is not Android and Android is not iOS if it works for you it works for you no need to bash the other. I like iOS I just can't see my self using it as a phone OS.
haruhiko
Apr 13, 09:37 AM
I know rumors aren't good to use, but I'm sure there were pre-production parts for the iPhone4 showing up by this time last year, maybe the fact that there isn't gives more credibility to the next version coming later.
This time last year Mr. Powell left his iPhone 4 in a bar.
This time last year Mr. Powell left his iPhone 4 in a bar.
more...

tinman0
Apr 30, 06:01 AM
check wiki.
samsung electronics (not the samsung group just electronics) is 2x or 3x times bigger in revenue than apple.
samsung is #2 patents holdings in USA. apple barely broke into top 50 recently.
$$ and patents holdings tell me it won't be so easy for apple.
If you are going to use Wiki, at least get some uptodate figures.
Apple are putting in $25bn quarters, so I reckon we can predict a close on to $100bn turnover for the 2011/2012 year. Which isn't far off the 2009 figure for Samsung Electronics at $117bn turnover.
As for the 2-3 times - then you are comparing the whole of Samsung Group, which I'm sure you said that you weren't comparing. But even if we were comparing the whole group, it's $100bn vs $175bn. So not 2-3 times. Maybe 3 times if you are comparing 2009 - which again is slightly boring since Apple's financial muscle has increased hugely in the last 18-24 months.
At best, you were being disingenius when you said "2-3" times for the electronics group, (wiki shows $65bn vs $117bn), when 65 is clearly more than half of 117. As you have trouble with maths, 65*2 is 130. And, taking no chances, 117 is less than 130.
So quite where your "2-3" comes from I have no idea.
Maybe as a hater your maths are failing you? Who knows. ;)
samsung electronics (not the samsung group just electronics) is 2x or 3x times bigger in revenue than apple.
samsung is #2 patents holdings in USA. apple barely broke into top 50 recently.
$$ and patents holdings tell me it won't be so easy for apple.
If you are going to use Wiki, at least get some uptodate figures.
Apple are putting in $25bn quarters, so I reckon we can predict a close on to $100bn turnover for the 2011/2012 year. Which isn't far off the 2009 figure for Samsung Electronics at $117bn turnover.
As for the 2-3 times - then you are comparing the whole of Samsung Group, which I'm sure you said that you weren't comparing. But even if we were comparing the whole group, it's $100bn vs $175bn. So not 2-3 times. Maybe 3 times if you are comparing 2009 - which again is slightly boring since Apple's financial muscle has increased hugely in the last 18-24 months.
At best, you were being disingenius when you said "2-3" times for the electronics group, (wiki shows $65bn vs $117bn), when 65 is clearly more than half of 117. As you have trouble with maths, 65*2 is 130. And, taking no chances, 117 is less than 130.
So quite where your "2-3" comes from I have no idea.
Maybe as a hater your maths are failing you? Who knows. ;)
gatepc
Jan 1, 09:35 PM
Get your key
http://fah-web.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/getpasskey.py
key faq
http://folding.stanford.edu/English/FAQ-passkey
Thanks! What should I have my parameters set too?
http://fah-web.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/getpasskey.py
key faq
http://folding.stanford.edu/English/FAQ-passkey
Thanks! What should I have my parameters set too?
more...
LightSpeed1
Apr 7, 12:55 PM
it better be for CDMA to... no excuse for them to be behind on updates for it. You release a product you better be able to support it especially apple.:apple::apple:
Agreed.
Agreed.
DiamondMac
Apr 6, 12:31 PM
I cut it off b/c it was irrelevant. Not because I was avoiding it...and come to think of it, what exactly was avoided? If some want to go to Verizon, so be it. It may cost them more money but some leave for the principal of it. If my unlimited got cut off, I would move to Verizon in a heartbeat even though it would cost me a bit more. I would not want AT&T getting my business anymore.
You mentioned people hissy fitting (for whatever reason) and I mentioned that many do throw but many others are throwing them for legitimate reasons
Oh, AT&T isn't doing this for money? What exactly went up cost wise with AT&T and the iPhone 5?
You mentioned people hissy fitting (for whatever reason) and I mentioned that many do throw but many others are throwing them for legitimate reasons
Oh, AT&T isn't doing this for money? What exactly went up cost wise with AT&T and the iPhone 5?
Hertzog
Apr 13, 07:41 PM
I also use Roboform on my PC, but it looks like they have gone to a subscription only system - for PC's as well as iPads. I'm planning to stay with Roboform for the PC (but not update to the subscription version), and use something else for the iPad (still haven't decided what).
iApache
Aug 5, 02:41 AM
^ I like that, would you mind telling me how you got the dock like that? Ti have the black part cover the icons fully. I'm only now starting to mess around more with my mac, I just changed my dock to a glossy black. Thank you.
http://imgur.com/OGgGXl.jpg
http://imgur.com/OGgGXl.jpg
Doctor Q
Dec 14, 04:32 PM
We've filed the paperwork to have this ad removed from the rotation. Thanks for letting us know about it and for providing the details.
chris975d
Nov 20, 01:29 PM
You need to ask yourselves a questions: How these stores operating? and Why products end up there?
Apparently, some authorized retailers overstock iPads or could not move projected volume, so they dumped some unsold inventory to Marshalls and TJMax, just to get some cash back, quick.
Overstocked with iPads??? Not a good news for Steve.
What is the issue here? iPads are sold in Walmart and Target and nobody complains.
I think the biggest issue with it comes from the actual Apple authorized retailers. For instance, in my line of work (golf course management), I purchase golf equipment directly from the manufacturers (Callaway Golf, Nike, Titleist, etc). To be able to do that, I HAVE to agree to a minimum advertised pricing (MAP) policy, or I can't buy directly from them nor be listed as a retailer of that company's products (any retailer buying from directly from the manufacturer has to abide by this). If I then saw a major retailer (a competitor) advertising products that I sell for significantly lower than I am allowed to (knowing that all official retailers are supposed to be bound by this agreement to even sell the products as an "authorized retailer"), then I'm going to be pretty upset as to why I have to abide by it to get my goods, when either they (the competitor discounting said merchandise) aren't, or either they are getting a cheaper price (allowing them to sell for a lower price than me, yet still keep similar profit margins). And if they are in violation of this MAP policy, I'm going to damn sure be wondering why the manufacturer (in the iPad case...Apple), isn't going after them (telling them to stop, if they are an authorized retailer), or pulling their account. In the golf business, the manufacturers go hard after companies that violate this MAP policy.
Apparently, some authorized retailers overstock iPads or could not move projected volume, so they dumped some unsold inventory to Marshalls and TJMax, just to get some cash back, quick.
Overstocked with iPads??? Not a good news for Steve.
What is the issue here? iPads are sold in Walmart and Target and nobody complains.
I think the biggest issue with it comes from the actual Apple authorized retailers. For instance, in my line of work (golf course management), I purchase golf equipment directly from the manufacturers (Callaway Golf, Nike, Titleist, etc). To be able to do that, I HAVE to agree to a minimum advertised pricing (MAP) policy, or I can't buy directly from them nor be listed as a retailer of that company's products (any retailer buying from directly from the manufacturer has to abide by this). If I then saw a major retailer (a competitor) advertising products that I sell for significantly lower than I am allowed to (knowing that all official retailers are supposed to be bound by this agreement to even sell the products as an "authorized retailer"), then I'm going to be pretty upset as to why I have to abide by it to get my goods, when either they (the competitor discounting said merchandise) aren't, or either they are getting a cheaper price (allowing them to sell for a lower price than me, yet still keep similar profit margins). And if they are in violation of this MAP policy, I'm going to damn sure be wondering why the manufacturer (in the iPad case...Apple), isn't going after them (telling them to stop, if they are an authorized retailer), or pulling their account. In the golf business, the manufacturers go hard after companies that violate this MAP policy.
rgarjr
Apr 30, 11:38 PM
Magic mouse FTW
dba7dba
Mar 23, 12:35 PM
Maybe Apple was a bank in a previous life. :D
It's sad to see an "old timer" leave Apple, but I'm guessing that Serlet's financially set and wants to do some "pure" research at a university before he retires. Not everyone has that luxury.
It seems that OS X will be left in good hands, though.
I read somewhere he's perhaps not happy that iOS is gaining more influence over OS X. Certainly possible imo.
It's sad to see an "old timer" leave Apple, but I'm guessing that Serlet's financially set and wants to do some "pure" research at a university before he retires. Not everyone has that luxury.
It seems that OS X will be left in good hands, though.
I read somewhere he's perhaps not happy that iOS is gaining more influence over OS X. Certainly possible imo.
No comments:
Post a Comment