fromnaija
07-31 11:06 AM
Hi,
My wife is on H4 and I am on H1. We both have EAD. How ever, I have not converted to EAD and intend to be on H1 till i get my GC. Also our H4 and H1 3 year extensions are pending with CSC. My wife has a job offer for which she will need to use her EAD. The question is:
1) Can she change her status to EAD while her H4 extension is pending ?
2) Will her working on EAD jeopardise her H4 extension adjudication ? We want to maintain valid H4 as a backup.
3) What is the process for her to convert from H4 to EAD. Do we have to inform uscis ?
4) Is required, can she change her status form EAD to h4 (if we maiantain valid H4 as well)
Your quick response is appreciated. Thank You.
As far as I know, EAD is not a status but an interim benefit based on the fact that you have a pending adjustment of status. I believe your wife could work and this will not jeopardize your status. (Please note that I am not a lawyer. My answer is based on common knowledge and you may want to ask a lawyer for a legal opinion).
My wife is on H4 and I am on H1. We both have EAD. How ever, I have not converted to EAD and intend to be on H1 till i get my GC. Also our H4 and H1 3 year extensions are pending with CSC. My wife has a job offer for which she will need to use her EAD. The question is:
1) Can she change her status to EAD while her H4 extension is pending ?
2) Will her working on EAD jeopardise her H4 extension adjudication ? We want to maintain valid H4 as a backup.
3) What is the process for her to convert from H4 to EAD. Do we have to inform uscis ?
4) Is required, can she change her status form EAD to h4 (if we maiantain valid H4 as well)
Your quick response is appreciated. Thank You.
As far as I know, EAD is not a status but an interim benefit based on the fact that you have a pending adjustment of status. I believe your wife could work and this will not jeopardize your status. (Please note that I am not a lawyer. My answer is based on common knowledge and you may want to ask a lawyer for a legal opinion).
funny sayings and quotes. funny sayings and quotes about
milind70
11-03 12:54 PM
From first hand experiences of fellow friends and collegues who tried to extend the visitors visa for their parents or their in laws ,99 percent of the time they have been denied reentry . I personally know a case where a friends mother in law successfully extended her stay for another 3 months after initial grant of 6 months. After that vist she was denied reentry for 3 times atleast that i know of. One thing here is to note that whether to grant entry or not is in the hands of the IO at POE. By extending your stay plants seeds of doubts about overstay. Also medical reasons and taking care of child are not considered strong reason for extension unless the medical condition is very serious
funny sayings and quotes. Funny sayings Examination
guru76
12-01 02:34 PM
Hi Guru,
So did you have any other US visa in your passport, or were you carrying just AP document?
Yeah I did have an expired H1 stamp in my passport. I also had an approved I797 (till 2010), but I did not show that.
So did you have any other US visa in your passport, or were you carrying just AP document?
Yeah I did have an expired H1 stamp in my passport. I also had an approved I797 (till 2010), but I did not show that.
funny sayings and quotes. cute funny sayings and quotes.
onemorecame
03-26 01:09 PM
I Wish "C" for all category
more...
funny sayings and quotes. Funny Sayings And Quotes For
aachoo
02-21 01:33 AM
You are not alone�
This is the case for most people, for instance, my current salary is at least 10K higher than my LC wage.
Bottom line is, you need to have a job in the "same or similar occupational classification" as the position which was the subject of the labor certification application. Salary does not matter, as long as it does not seem to evidence a totally different type of position.
My job is in the same company, same classification etc. I am not worried about that. The problem (I guess the GC mess can make you twist the best things into problems) is the $40K+ in raises I have received since then...
-a
This is the case for most people, for instance, my current salary is at least 10K higher than my LC wage.
Bottom line is, you need to have a job in the "same or similar occupational classification" as the position which was the subject of the labor certification application. Salary does not matter, as long as it does not seem to evidence a totally different type of position.
My job is in the same company, same classification etc. I am not worried about that. The problem (I guess the GC mess can make you twist the best things into problems) is the $40K+ in raises I have received since then...
-a
funny sayings and quotes. Funny Sayings And Quotes About

snram4
02-27 09:37 AM
Though Ron Hira is in anti immigrant side a few points are correct. Companies like TCS,Wipro and Infosys are not processing green cards. Also their pay is much less than the employees who are processing green cards. Even we can compare with Current IV members. I am sure 90% IV members will be getting more than TCS or infosys pay. No one can deny that. Of course TCS,Infosys are paying more than or equal to DOL specified pay but they beat other companies just by cost . Also those companies main aim is to outsource the jobs and that may end up in losing jobs from USA and there is no evidence that outsourcing creates more jobs in USA but quality of products might improve and might have savings in cost. At the same time those who are staying permanently here atleast some chance of creating jobs in USA directly and indirectly. Also his article supports faster green cards for high skilled persons.
As for Ron Hira, the only reason I find him playing with anti-crowd is, he like himself to be identified with some European white skinned immigrants who immigrated to this country much before these "asians/indians" immigrated to US.
No crow has ever become a pigeon by eating along with pigeons.
As for Ron Hira, the only reason I find him playing with anti-crowd is, he like himself to be identified with some European white skinned immigrants who immigrated to this country much before these "asians/indians" immigrated to US.
No crow has ever become a pigeon by eating along with pigeons.
more...
funny sayings and quotes. funny sayings and quotes for

GCVivek
03-23 03:06 PM
If your new I-797 came with a new I-94 attached at the bottom, you should be fine. Usually, if you renew H1-B past the expiration date, you are classified under "Consular Approval" and therefore must get H1B stamped into your passport the next time you leave and want to enter the US.
funny sayings and quotes. funny sayings quotes. funny
rajnag21
07-20 07:28 PM
Hi All,
Is having paystubs absolutely essential or will w2's suffice ?
Is having paystubs absolutely essential or will w2's suffice ?
more...
funny sayings and quotes. funny quotes and sayings about
Redeye
12-12 04:12 PM
I know one of my friend is EB2 PD 1999, stuck in namecheck.
Thanks
Thanks
funny sayings and quotes. funny sayings quotes. funny
delhirocks
12-18 06:45 PM
When I took a cruise last year (Carnival) one of my stops was Cozumel. We were there for around 12 hours. We did not have a mexican visa, did not have to go through Mexican immigration.
I spoke to Mexican consulate official, and he conforimed that I do not need a Mexican visa (as long as I have a valid American non-b1/b2 visa) if I am staying in Mexico for less than 72 hours. Carnival also did not require a visa.
They do that for some other stops.
I spoke to Mexican consulate official, and he conforimed that I do not need a Mexican visa (as long as I have a valid American non-b1/b2 visa) if I am staying in Mexico for less than 72 hours. Carnival also did not require a visa.
They do that for some other stops.
more...
funny sayings and quotes. cartoon, Funny
kumar07
09-16 05:08 AM
Hi Suresh,
thanks for your time and effort to thoroughly answer my questions.
I guess my denial last year is due to poor project document given to me by my company. They initially gave me just 1 page letter describing the project and I was issued 221g to submit the full project report along with other company docs and later they denied my case.
So this time, I believe the VO must be aware about my denial reason and they are definitely going to ask me about the project report and I must take the full project report (containing market analysis, project proposal and other information) around 30-50 pages with me. I will also be carrying all other company docs such as IT returns of last 3 years, wage reports, compay location photographs etc..Do you think that should be enough?
Thanks.
thanks for your time and effort to thoroughly answer my questions.
I guess my denial last year is due to poor project document given to me by my company. They initially gave me just 1 page letter describing the project and I was issued 221g to submit the full project report along with other company docs and later they denied my case.
So this time, I believe the VO must be aware about my denial reason and they are definitely going to ask me about the project report and I must take the full project report (containing market analysis, project proposal and other information) around 30-50 pages with me. I will also be carrying all other company docs such as IT returns of last 3 years, wage reports, compay location photographs etc..Do you think that should be enough?
Thanks.
funny sayings and quotes. funny sayings and quotes about. cute funny sayings. cute
apnair2002
04-06 07:04 AM
http://msnbc.msn.com/id/12175475/
more...
funny sayings and quotes. funny sayings and quotes.
coopheal
04-12 03:01 PM
Gurus, I just got an email about RFE on 485 application for both of us (myself and wife). My PD is Sep 2006, EB2, not sure why the application got opened and whats the RFE about. I am still working on h1 (renewed based on approved 140) and still has 1.5 years left. Is someone on the same boat, i mean RFE's on 485 though PD is not current??? If the RFE is about my employment, would my wife also get the RFE ?? I am with the same employer from almost 6 years.Do i get the copy of RFE too or just the attorney?? Thanks Guys, appreciate your help ....
Don't worry much its more than like going to be a medical RFE.
I had an RFE recently with similar status. See thread....
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=24601
Don't worry much its more than like going to be a medical RFE.
I had an RFE recently with similar status. See thread....
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=24601
funny sayings and quotes. myspace funny sayings and quotes. funny sayings and quotes

Rb_newsletter
07-15 10:29 PM
One time IO entered my visa type wrongly. Instead of L1-b he wrote H1-b on the I-94. I pointed out his mistake saying "My visa is L1-b. Shouldn't that be L1-b on I-94". He asked me "what visa are you in?". I repeated L1-b. He was angry and said in a raised voice "You should know what visa are you in. You should know". First place he didn't ask me what visa I was in and he made the mistake and jumped on me.
Baseline is IO can make mistakes but we are the one to be affected by that. So make sure your visa type, EAC #, and all other info on I-94 are correct before leaving the counter at POE.
Baseline is IO can make mistakes but we are the one to be affected by that. So make sure your visa type, EAC #, and all other info on I-94 are correct before leaving the counter at POE.
more...
funny sayings and quotes. funny quotes and sayings about
WeShallOvercome
07-27 02:13 PM
Thanks.
I wish I should I have acted against the USCIS notice on july 2nd saying they will reject. I should have listened to Rajiv khanna website who was saying that the app should be filed even if it was sent back.
But my attorney said its no use to beat the system and I should wait till october.
I listened and kept quite for few days and later decided on July 16th that What the heck !!!. Let us submit even if it is returned and went ahead.
Every day matters as the counter is 180 days. It is like a time bomb clock.
I think now we can just mark on our calendars the 180 days which includes some months of 31 days and mark exactly the date and time and plan to celeberate it to fulliest.
When you mark your calendar, mark it for 182 days to be safe. You never know USCIS and these employers.. Keep yourself safe from all the complications that might arise if you leave on 180th or 181st day (whether first day is included or not, can I leave on 180th day or do i have to wait for 180 days to complete blah blah.. ) :)
I wish I should I have acted against the USCIS notice on july 2nd saying they will reject. I should have listened to Rajiv khanna website who was saying that the app should be filed even if it was sent back.
But my attorney said its no use to beat the system and I should wait till october.
I listened and kept quite for few days and later decided on July 16th that What the heck !!!. Let us submit even if it is returned and went ahead.
Every day matters as the counter is 180 days. It is like a time bomb clock.
I think now we can just mark on our calendars the 180 days which includes some months of 31 days and mark exactly the date and time and plan to celeberate it to fulliest.
When you mark your calendar, mark it for 182 days to be safe. You never know USCIS and these employers.. Keep yourself safe from all the complications that might arise if you leave on 180th or 181st day (whether first day is included or not, can I leave on 180th day or do i have to wait for 180 days to complete blah blah.. ) :)
funny sayings and quotes. Cute Funny Sayings And Quotes.
sac-r-ten
06-02 11:26 AM
All the guys waiting in Canada, you can ask your passport and all other papers back from the Consulate and return to India and try stamping there.
I have heard cases where people in india went for stamping and since they were put on Admin processing, took their passports and returned back on AP. Well, they had AP to fall back. But i think if you are too much worried staying in Canada, better to ask the consultate to return back all papers and passport and go back to homeland and try stamping there. Atleast you will be less worries in homeland and have a good time with family back there.
Just my 2 cents.
Good luck my friends.
I have heard cases where people in india went for stamping and since they were put on Admin processing, took their passports and returned back on AP. Well, they had AP to fall back. But i think if you are too much worried staying in Canada, better to ask the consultate to return back all papers and passport and go back to homeland and try stamping there. Atleast you will be less worries in homeland and have a good time with family back there.
Just my 2 cents.
Good luck my friends.
more...
funny sayings and quotes. funny sayings and quotes,
waitin_toolong
07-27 10:07 AM
it is ok for the derivative applicant to not be working, but if the primary who os geeting the GC on the basis of employment does need to be employed at the time of approval.
1-2 months off will not matter. If the I-485 stays pending for too long they can raise RFE for current employer letters and other specifics, you will need to have a job lined up at that time.
1-2 months off will not matter. If the I-485 stays pending for too long they can raise RFE for current employer letters and other specifics, you will need to have a job lined up at that time.
funny sayings and quotes. funny sayings and quotes

akilaakka
07-26 09:01 AM
The link is not working.
funny sayings and quotes. funny quotes and sayings

joshraj
10-09 10:17 PM
At least got something today :)
Filed: July 27
Center: Neb
RD: Not Yet - Got Tranfer Notice - To Texas
FP: Not Yet
EAD: Not Yet
I140 - Pending at Nebraska
Filed: July 27
Center: Neb
RD: Not Yet - Got Tranfer Notice - To Texas
FP: Not Yet
EAD: Not Yet
I140 - Pending at Nebraska
tuhin
07-16 01:36 PM
Thanks deecha.. I will keep the gang in loop... The future role will be of a chief architect. So I believe it is aligned with my current labor application. But can I even move using an EAD (hence dropping my H1) and then file my EB2 in the new company? The reason I am confused is, we used an H1 b visa to file the labor, not sure if a labor can be filed using an EAD.
sathyaraj
12-17 03:57 PM
Identify what is the job code in your LC and try to compare the new job duties in the similar category. If you happen to fall within the same group then you are fine. like within 15.****
http://online.onetcenter.org/link/summary/15-1051.00
Try to identify the job code of ur new job, then you will be able to compare.
Hire an attorney before taking any major descisions.
http://online.onetcenter.org/link/summary/15-1051.00
Try to identify the job code of ur new job, then you will be able to compare.
Hire an attorney before taking any major descisions.
No comments:
Post a Comment