nozerd
09-06 01:42 PM
Can H1 visa stamp be used for travel convenience ?
I am EB3 India with PD of August 2001. I 140 approved but cant file I 485 due to retro. I have sent in my application for 8th -10th yr H1 extension. I am already Canadian PR landed in April 2005 so basically need to do something in early 2008 if I still need to hold on to my Canadian PR. I have worked for same firm since last 7 + yrs and they are quite cooperative within limits.
I wanted to know if I can work for my company's Canadian operations and still hold H1 visa and travel on that H1 visa. Please note that I will be on Canadian payroll. Is this legal ? Is it ok for the company to keep extending my H1 ? I know they can keep my Green card case alive but what about H1 ?
Is it ok to stay outside US and get paid outside US and still use H1 visa to travel ?
I am EB3 India with PD of August 2001. I 140 approved but cant file I 485 due to retro. I have sent in my application for 8th -10th yr H1 extension. I am already Canadian PR landed in April 2005 so basically need to do something in early 2008 if I still need to hold on to my Canadian PR. I have worked for same firm since last 7 + yrs and they are quite cooperative within limits.
I wanted to know if I can work for my company's Canadian operations and still hold H1 visa and travel on that H1 visa. Please note that I will be on Canadian payroll. Is this legal ? Is it ok for the company to keep extending my H1 ? I know they can keep my Green card case alive but what about H1 ?
Is it ok to stay outside US and get paid outside US and still use H1 visa to travel ?
barath_india
07-17 03:50 PM
Actually it is the G28 form that you sign to give authorization for your lawyer to represent you. It is valid just the one time when they file the forms and not considered as for your life of your form/application.
This means, that in future all the corresponsence related to the form in case of I-485 will be forwarded to you aswell as your lawer/company immigration dept by USCIS. For example, if USCIS sends a FP notice, that both of you guys (You and Company lawer) will receive the copy.
Bharath
This means, that in future all the corresponsence related to the form in case of I-485 will be forwarded to you aswell as your lawer/company immigration dept by USCIS. For example, if USCIS sends a FP notice, that both of you guys (You and Company lawer) will receive the copy.
Bharath
sundevil
06-19 10:04 PM
This time around its unchartered territory with these flood gates open. As for current ways there is a chance(still only chance there is no science) you will get the rcpt date by then, but who knows what will go on.
Guys, this thing is so important, do not play games with it and screw up you application. Unless travel is absolutely must, forget about it. All lawyers including mine are suggesting to cut short any visits, cancel any existing plans and don't make new plans. The dates could retrogress to stone age, do you really want to take a chance and wait for the next opportunity, if something doesn't work out.
Guys, this thing is so important, do not play games with it and screw up you application. Unless travel is absolutely must, forget about it. All lawyers including mine are suggesting to cut short any visits, cancel any existing plans and don't make new plans. The dates could retrogress to stone age, do you really want to take a chance and wait for the next opportunity, if something doesn't work out.
Munna Bhai
07-12 07:51 AM
Hello,
Myself and my spouse are on H1b. I am on H1b(industry) and my Spouse H1b is through non-profit.
Please let us know how best we can be a backup for each other in case of any unavoidable circumstances.
a)If I get laid-off or fired, can I jump to H4 and then come back to H1b without being subjected to cap?
b)What are the other backup plans we can have.
thanks for your time.
-M
Myself and my spouse are on H1b. I am on H1b(industry) and my Spouse H1b is through non-profit.
Please let us know how best we can be a backup for each other in case of any unavoidable circumstances.
a)If I get laid-off or fired, can I jump to H4 and then come back to H1b without being subjected to cap?
b)What are the other backup plans we can have.
thanks for your time.
-M
more...
navyug
10-13 10:22 PM
Hi,
My first NIW/I140 was concurrent filed with I485 for both my wife and me. When they denied I140, the USCIS also denied I485s for both of us. I have a pending MTR for that I140.
While the MTR was pending, I filed another NIW/I140, which was approved. I noticed that the approval notice has the A# that was on the I485 of the first petition.
So, should I assume that my the USCIS has interfiled my I485 automatically and my old PD is active?
Thanks.
Yes. It happened in my case as well. My I-140 was denied from NSC after having filed I-485. It was refiled (yes refiled in TSC, not MTR and got a different case number). After the I-140 denial my I-485 was also denied. Upon approval on my new I-140 the I-485 was reopened automatically. The online status had not changed from 'Denied". I was surprised when I got my second round of FP notices in August 09. Now the status says "Case has resumed processing". I would however suggest that you ask your attorney to send a letter to USCIS.
My first NIW/I140 was concurrent filed with I485 for both my wife and me. When they denied I140, the USCIS also denied I485s for both of us. I have a pending MTR for that I140.
While the MTR was pending, I filed another NIW/I140, which was approved. I noticed that the approval notice has the A# that was on the I485 of the first petition.
So, should I assume that my the USCIS has interfiled my I485 automatically and my old PD is active?
Thanks.
Yes. It happened in my case as well. My I-140 was denied from NSC after having filed I-485. It was refiled (yes refiled in TSC, not MTR and got a different case number). After the I-140 denial my I-485 was also denied. Upon approval on my new I-140 the I-485 was reopened automatically. The online status had not changed from 'Denied". I was surprised when I got my second round of FP notices in August 09. Now the status says "Case has resumed processing". I would however suggest that you ask your attorney to send a letter to USCIS.

pointlesswait
02-13 06:55 PM
vote por favor, for IV ;-)
more...
rangaswamy
10-25 04:30 PM
Mine still says pending even though i received it 2 weeks ago....
but my spouses status was spot on through the process..
but my spouses status was spot on through the process..
stemcell
03-07 09:44 PM
Unfortunately it means the 485 will also be denied.....
unless you can appeal the 1-140 which is a lengthy process.....
Hopefully luck is on your side....
again please ask your lawyer as to what the best way to go is....
unless you can appeal the 1-140 which is a lengthy process.....
Hopefully luck is on your side....
again please ask your lawyer as to what the best way to go is....
more...
alwayson
09-06 11:50 AM
How about even a much better solution, learn your country's national language......:)
pappu
08-21 10:21 AM
Its a window of opportunity for us.
lets all email the following expressing support and hoping for some relief measues for highly educated skilled immigrants.:
===
Wite email addresed to:
Harold McGraw III
Chairman, Business Roundtable
Chairman, President & CEO, The McGraw-Hill Companies
info@businessroundtable.org
and co-address to any 1 of the following:
Edward B. Rust, Jr.
Co-Chairman, Business Roundtable
Chairman & CEO, State Farm Insurance Companies
Kenneth I. Chenault
Co-Chairman, Business Roundtable
Chairman & CEO, American Express Company
John J. Castellani
President, Business Roundtable
Larry D. Burton
Executive Director, Business Roundtable
Johanna I. Schneider
Executive Director, External Relations
====
then also email to the magazine that published this article expressing support for such initiative and hoping for something to be done this year before elections. send the letter to the editor so that editor can print in next issue right when this issue is debated on the floor (hopefully). This magazine is read by scientists and it will generate awareness in the community for our cause. Today the nation seems more inclined towards border security and enforcement rather than immigration reform bill. However increasing America's competitiveness in science and technology will have several supporters across party lines.
science_editors@aaas.org (general editorial queries)
science_letters@aaas.org (queries about letters to the editor)
send to both email ids
---
Members with good with writing skills please post your letter drafts on this thread so that others can also use your letter and can send it.
===
lets all email the following expressing support and hoping for some relief measues for highly educated skilled immigrants.:
===
Wite email addresed to:
Harold McGraw III
Chairman, Business Roundtable
Chairman, President & CEO, The McGraw-Hill Companies
info@businessroundtable.org
and co-address to any 1 of the following:
Edward B. Rust, Jr.
Co-Chairman, Business Roundtable
Chairman & CEO, State Farm Insurance Companies
Kenneth I. Chenault
Co-Chairman, Business Roundtable
Chairman & CEO, American Express Company
John J. Castellani
President, Business Roundtable
Larry D. Burton
Executive Director, Business Roundtable
Johanna I. Schneider
Executive Director, External Relations
====
then also email to the magazine that published this article expressing support for such initiative and hoping for something to be done this year before elections. send the letter to the editor so that editor can print in next issue right when this issue is debated on the floor (hopefully). This magazine is read by scientists and it will generate awareness in the community for our cause. Today the nation seems more inclined towards border security and enforcement rather than immigration reform bill. However increasing America's competitiveness in science and technology will have several supporters across party lines.
science_editors@aaas.org (general editorial queries)
science_letters@aaas.org (queries about letters to the editor)
send to both email ids
---
Members with good with writing skills please post your letter drafts on this thread so that others can also use your letter and can send it.
===
more...
crystal
10-12 08:35 PM
Is it posted erlier? They updated with some more info today
http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.5af9bb95919f35e66f614176543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=82b06a9fec745110VgnVCM1000004718190aRCR D&vgnextchannel=2411c9ee2f82b010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a1 RCRD
http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.5af9bb95919f35e66f614176543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=82b06a9fec745110VgnVCM1000004718190aRCR D&vgnextchannel=2411c9ee2f82b010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a1 RCRD

REEF�
06-06 05:21 PM
Nice work vd...lol I only see one path...
more...
immi2006
08-21 05:49 PM
1. To be fair to all, Ask all h1b's to gain 2 - 3 years of US experience, before filing for GC. (2 years of Paystub at the minumum and or tax returns).
If there are pending apps already, at LC or 140 stage, push it on a 2 or 3 year stack and then get the h1b who has applied the GC a preference to start the process. This will ensure the oldest apps gets its merit of preference. Do it across all categories (Eb1, Eb2 , Eb3 )
This is not too much to ask, also senators and companies - business cannot feel bitter.
This will make the system slow down on the new applications, it will not jam the existing Que.
(2) Second Possibility, ask all the new h1 B's who have contributed by way of taxes to US system of an amount of 80,000 USD or higher to be eligible, that way only the cream of strata is not eliminated. For instance if someone earns 125000 then he can submit his app after a year. This will demonstrate the guy is smart and needed here, since companies will not pay 125K for a guy who is not worth.
(3) H1Bs should apply for GC from their home country and processing is to be based in their home country for the first 2 stages. (This will reduce DOL to focus on the 485 strictly, so it will reduce work load)
Edit/Delete Message
If there are pending apps already, at LC or 140 stage, push it on a 2 or 3 year stack and then get the h1b who has applied the GC a preference to start the process. This will ensure the oldest apps gets its merit of preference. Do it across all categories (Eb1, Eb2 , Eb3 )
This is not too much to ask, also senators and companies - business cannot feel bitter.
This will make the system slow down on the new applications, it will not jam the existing Que.
(2) Second Possibility, ask all the new h1 B's who have contributed by way of taxes to US system of an amount of 80,000 USD or higher to be eligible, that way only the cream of strata is not eliminated. For instance if someone earns 125000 then he can submit his app after a year. This will demonstrate the guy is smart and needed here, since companies will not pay 125K for a guy who is not worth.
(3) H1Bs should apply for GC from their home country and processing is to be based in their home country for the first 2 stages. (This will reduce DOL to focus on the 485 strictly, so it will reduce work load)
Edit/Delete Message
james_bond_007
03-13 12:01 AM
Congratulations !!
Looks like TSC abandoned online status updates and emails. My case has been assigned to an officer (again) and enroute to I-485 manager as of Feb 3rd 2008 ( senator feedback ). So far no LUD's or emails.. Looks like instead of checking for emails every other minute , I have to wait for regular mail now.. unfortunately I can do that only once per day !! :( ..
Looks like TSC abandoned online status updates and emails. My case has been assigned to an officer (again) and enroute to I-485 manager as of Feb 3rd 2008 ( senator feedback ). So far no LUD's or emails.. Looks like instead of checking for emails every other minute , I have to wait for regular mail now.. unfortunately I can do that only once per day !! :( ..
more...
lacrossegc
07-30 03:33 PM
When do you get FP notices?
harikris
12-05 10:19 AM
Hi,
Thanks for your response.
AFAIK, there is no tatkal or emergency type of service for PIO card - atleast not at Washington DC which is our jurisdiction.
My company surprised all it's employees with a 2 week of paid X-Mas holidays. Hence the need for PIO card asap. Hence the reasoning for going and applying in person. So, do i absolutely need to take the kid? I don't see any reason why i should. But better to check with ppl that have first hand experience in submitting the application in person at the Embassy counter.
Thanks for the idea on the thumb impressions. That helps.
Thanks for your response.
AFAIK, there is no tatkal or emergency type of service for PIO card - atleast not at Washington DC which is our jurisdiction.
My company surprised all it's employees with a 2 week of paid X-Mas holidays. Hence the need for PIO card asap. Hence the reasoning for going and applying in person. So, do i absolutely need to take the kid? I don't see any reason why i should. But better to check with ppl that have first hand experience in submitting the application in person at the Embassy counter.
Thanks for the idea on the thumb impressions. That helps.
more...

mzafar125
08-19 12:13 PM
relax until the new biometrics notice comes. Chances are it never will. The CSR you spoke to probably did'nt read/know the new rules.
I called USCIS again today and spoke to a IO, they stated that the biometrics had expired and that I should simply wait for the new request. I tried to argue with them that the register stated that they should use what they have in their database. They stated that I have to go for my biometrics and there was nothing else they could do about it. I then asked them if everything else had cleared and they stated that they were only waiting for my biometrics at this stage.
The funny thing is that I submitted a referral since my application was outside of the processing times. The referral stated that biometrics were missing. Now if I had not filed my referral USCIS would have simply just sat on my application until god know when. I am going to write a letter and get someone over at USCIS to listen to me. An uphill battle but it's better than just relying on USCIS.
Does anyone know how long biometrics are valid for ?
Good Luck folks, hope this nighmare ends soon
Priority date 10/2002
i-140 approved in 1/2007
EB3, ROW
I called USCIS again today and spoke to a IO, they stated that the biometrics had expired and that I should simply wait for the new request. I tried to argue with them that the register stated that they should use what they have in their database. They stated that I have to go for my biometrics and there was nothing else they could do about it. I then asked them if everything else had cleared and they stated that they were only waiting for my biometrics at this stage.
The funny thing is that I submitted a referral since my application was outside of the processing times. The referral stated that biometrics were missing. Now if I had not filed my referral USCIS would have simply just sat on my application until god know when. I am going to write a letter and get someone over at USCIS to listen to me. An uphill battle but it's better than just relying on USCIS.
Does anyone know how long biometrics are valid for ?
Good Luck folks, hope this nighmare ends soon
Priority date 10/2002
i-140 approved in 1/2007
EB3, ROW
Siboo
07-27 02:16 PM
When you mark your calendar, mark it for 182 days to be safe. You never know USCIS and these employers.. Keep yourself safe from all the complications that might arise if you leave on 180th or 181st day (whether first day is included or not, can I leave on 180th day or do i have to wait for 180 days to complete blah blah.. ) :)
To be very very safe, make it 180 Business days.:D :D :D
To be very very safe, make it 180 Business days.:D :D :D
stueym
07-08 04:21 PM
Wonderful support. Thank you. So far we have over 850 viewings and have been rated 76 times and 23 comments. That has managed to push us to #6 in the News and Politics stories of the day. This morning we overtook a Ron Paul story. If you have not had a chance to check the video out, please rate it by clicking on the stars or leave a comment as that will push our position even further.
Thank you once again. My son is beginning to get quite optimistic that CNN might just pick this one :-)
Thank you once again. My son is beginning to get quite optimistic that CNN might just pick this one :-)
SunnySurya
08-03 08:32 PM
Looks like they (TSC) are now processing July 3rd onwards. Any July 2nd filler , filled at TSC still waiting. Also do you know if your name check was cleared.
geesee
07-27 10:56 AM
Guys,
I just created a search engine (http://immisearch.blogspot.com/) to help all people looking for a better way to search topics around immigration related activites. The search engine came as a result of my countless hours that I spent searching to answers around the web.
Try searching for any information with h1b, h4, Green Card, I-485, I140, citizenship etc, and the engine should give you a better result.
Leave a comment at the blog and let me know what else could be improved.
http://immisearch.blogspot.com/
-Vikram
Vikram - Very good work.. and a nice idea!
By the way, you inspired me to try out Google Custom Search. Its so fantastic.... It took me less than 5 minutes to create my own search engine... :eek:
http://google.com/coop/cse?cx=014131703373514975508%3A8ykkjer9wvi
it searches thro immigration voice, murthy and uscis..
you can create your own search engine if you want... just google for "Google Custom Search" and follow the setup... you dont need to be tech savvy to create this...
I just created a search engine (http://immisearch.blogspot.com/) to help all people looking for a better way to search topics around immigration related activites. The search engine came as a result of my countless hours that I spent searching to answers around the web.
Try searching for any information with h1b, h4, Green Card, I-485, I140, citizenship etc, and the engine should give you a better result.
Leave a comment at the blog and let me know what else could be improved.
http://immisearch.blogspot.com/
-Vikram
Vikram - Very good work.. and a nice idea!
By the way, you inspired me to try out Google Custom Search. Its so fantastic.... It took me less than 5 minutes to create my own search engine... :eek:
http://google.com/coop/cse?cx=014131703373514975508%3A8ykkjer9wvi
it searches thro immigration voice, murthy and uscis..
you can create your own search engine if you want... just google for "Google Custom Search" and follow the setup... you dont need to be tech savvy to create this...
No comments:
Post a Comment