raysaikat
05-24 04:01 PM
Hi,
My H1 B is expiring on 30 Sep 2010. I have not started my green card process. Is it too late to start now?
You can start your green card any time. The initial part is your employer's responsibility. So you have nothing to lose.
Can I get extension based on number of days I have been out of country in last 6 years.? (119 days)
Yes.
If I include that is it still late to start and not worth my time and money? What are my options? If I leave the country and come back after 1 year, I will be counted for the H1 B quota?
You will be subject to quota again, but your H1-B clock will be reset (i.e., you will again get 6 more years).
I have MS in CSE from univsersity in USA. My husband applied for GC and I have dependent EAD till Oct 2010 but then he moved out of USA last year and got H4 to come visit. Is that application still valid for me to be able to get EAD extension?
If the primary's GC application is active, then the dependent's EAD is still valid.
Can he still come back on H1 B or EAD? Any help/advice on my situation will be very helpful.
Thanks!
If your husband gets his own H1-B, then he can still come back on H1-B. As long as the GC application is active (no decision made, not withdrawn, etc.), then you can still be on EAD while the primary is on H1-B.
My H1 B is expiring on 30 Sep 2010. I have not started my green card process. Is it too late to start now?
You can start your green card any time. The initial part is your employer's responsibility. So you have nothing to lose.
Can I get extension based on number of days I have been out of country in last 6 years.? (119 days)
Yes.
If I include that is it still late to start and not worth my time and money? What are my options? If I leave the country and come back after 1 year, I will be counted for the H1 B quota?
You will be subject to quota again, but your H1-B clock will be reset (i.e., you will again get 6 more years).
I have MS in CSE from univsersity in USA. My husband applied for GC and I have dependent EAD till Oct 2010 but then he moved out of USA last year and got H4 to come visit. Is that application still valid for me to be able to get EAD extension?
If the primary's GC application is active, then the dependent's EAD is still valid.
Can he still come back on H1 B or EAD? Any help/advice on my situation will be very helpful.
Thanks!
If your husband gets his own H1-B, then he can still come back on H1-B. As long as the GC application is active (no decision made, not withdrawn, etc.), then you can still be on EAD while the primary is on H1-B.
wallpaper andrew upton bio. that famous
gjoe
11-09 07:07 PM
Lawyers are suckers. There are like leeches ( always there are exceptions though)
anilsal
06-17 12:06 AM
You will need to take multiple appointments to actually get the answers you are looking for. It all depends on how friendly the person is.
I have had at least one appointment where the lady was so kind that she actually told me the date/time my files were touched by the processing officer at the NSC. Infopass officers have a lot of information on their screens.
Dress decently.
It helps to have a friendlier inquisitive tone rather than desperation.
Remember these USCIS employees (infopass) see 100s of people in a week. There is no requirement for the person to provide you more information that they actually want to share.
Some days are busy for them with lots of appointments.
Some days there are just few people - when you have better chances of getting friendlier information.
I have had at least one appointment where the lady was so kind that she actually told me the date/time my files were touched by the processing officer at the NSC. Infopass officers have a lot of information on their screens.
Dress decently.
It helps to have a friendlier inquisitive tone rather than desperation.
Remember these USCIS employees (infopass) see 100s of people in a week. There is no requirement for the person to provide you more information that they actually want to share.
Some days are busy for them with lots of appointments.
Some days there are just few people - when you have better chances of getting friendlier information.
2011 andrew upton bio. Bio

crazyAbtUS
08-14 11:36 PM
I was told by my attorney's office that the application will be rejected if re-filed. I have read though threads which claim that multiple filing is fine, but dont know what to trust!
I480 filed - July,02, waiting for RD/ND
I140, RD-11/03/06, LUD-11/11/07(NSC), Waiting for approval.
I480 filed - July,02, waiting for RD/ND
I140, RD-11/03/06, LUD-11/11/07(NSC), Waiting for approval.
more...
manfrmind
11-03 05:42 PM
Do you guys think this 2008 election will have any impact on the immigration process?
pappu
04-09 04:12 PM
For last 48 hours, I have been spreading word in Hrderabad IT community about the latest H1-B issues & subsequent EB issues . Since recent H1-B issues has caused a lot of stirr, I am getting much better response at this time. We need members & they may be anywhere in the world. Once we have members, we will get more visibility & contribution.
SO PLEASE TRY TO SPREAD THE MESSAGE IN ALL IT COMMUNITIES IN THE WORLD ABOUT ISSUES & HOW IV IS FIGHTING THE CHALLANGE
We must have 100,000 members in a short time
Thanks
Thanks.
SO PLEASE TRY TO SPREAD THE MESSAGE IN ALL IT COMMUNITIES IN THE WORLD ABOUT ISSUES & HOW IV IS FIGHTING THE CHALLANGE
We must have 100,000 members in a short time
Thanks
Thanks.
more...
bcg_consultant
02-13 04:35 PM
same here, my PD is Aug 2004 EB3(ROW) but my I-140 and 485 is still pending at NSC(more than 240 days).I dont have any hope that my I-140 will be cleared any time soon...Good bless H1B people
Folks,
Need a little advice. We (my husband and I) filed our 485 on July 2 under EB-3and have received AP, EAD, FP etc. Our PD date (July 7, 2001) got current in the March bulletin:). I wanted to check if there is way to find out if our cases have been adjudicated and are ready for approval as and when a visa # is allocated in March.
Thanks
Folks,
Need a little advice. We (my husband and I) filed our 485 on July 2 under EB-3and have received AP, EAD, FP etc. Our PD date (July 7, 2001) got current in the March bulletin:). I wanted to check if there is way to find out if our cases have been adjudicated and are ready for approval as and when a visa # is allocated in March.
Thanks
2010 andrew upton bio.
vshivaji
09-26 02:01 PM
Even i got the Section: UNKNOWN thing from NSC. My 140 approved on MAY 2007, But online case status is still showing case pending, Is it because of this?
more...
murali77
06-16 01:39 AM
Thanks for the reply.
How difficult is to have name changed in SSN ?
and how long does it take.
Thanks.
Murali
How difficult is to have name changed in SSN ?
and how long does it take.
Thanks.
Murali
hair andrew upton bio.

hopefulgc
03-08 12:57 PM
AFAIK, I-140 is the underlying petition for the I-485. If I-140 is denied, the i-485 is automatically denied.
Move fast, start a PERM and see if u can lock in a date.
i missed the second part of your question.
i personally know a friend whose 1-140 was denied and their 485 is obviously pending....he is working on EAD, they have appealed for the 140. While the case is pending the EAD has been extended by 2 years.
Hope this helps.
Move fast, start a PERM and see if u can lock in a date.
i missed the second part of your question.
i personally know a friend whose 1-140 was denied and their 485 is obviously pending....he is working on EAD, they have appealed for the 140. While the case is pending the EAD has been extended by 2 years.
Hope this helps.
more...
rockstart
08-27 09:32 AM
With so many auidts being done on companies with high numbers of H1B employees. It kind of helps the employer if the employees move to EAD status that will reduce the percentage of people on H1 drastically and put then under the radar.
hot at Upton Middle School.
sanju
02-16 08:50 AM
1.) The total pay in LCA is most likely for the entire year. If you worked for 6 months, simply divide the LCA per year pay by half and use that as a basis to decide. Since you said that your month-wise wage was higher than the LCA wage, I think you are in safe zone. Did you mean to say that you pay was less than the 1/2 (i.e. for 6 months) of the pay specified in LCA? Please clarify.
2.) You can have an H1 with an employer, but not work with that employer. As long as you were on legal status, maybe on another employer and maintained your legal status, say you were 2nd H1 that was valid, it means your employer doesn't owe you anything as you were not working for him. It doesn't mean that there is any back wage, it just means that you still have valid H1 with him but did not work for him for a duration during which you were maintaining your legal status. As you your employer doesn't owe you back wages.
And since you left your past employer (which could possibly be your future employer), its always good to document that you resigned. You can create a back dated resignation for yourself for your own records, and maybe give a copy of that to your employer. It will help your employer to cover him, and it will complete your records. That should do it for you.
Hope this is helpful.
Hi Everyone,
I will be laid off from an american company by the end of Feb 2009. I spoke to my previous desi employee as my H1b with his company is still valid and he din't revoked it until now
But he agrees to let me join his company but at the same time he worried about few things
Q1) I was with him for 6 months of 2008 and moved to an American Company so the total pay in the W2 for year 2008 is less than LCA amount.
Would that be a problem as i din't work with him for an entire year in which case it is bound to be less than LCA amount..
Mind you i'm looking at the Yearly wage if you look at month wise it is much higher than mentioned in LCA.
Would that be of any problem to both me and employeer.
Q2) He also said that when somebody re hires any one , the employeer is liable to pay back wages for the period of time he was out.
It sounds illogical atleast to me because he didn't terminate me from the job it was me who quit the job and transferred my H1b on a good note , but there is no official document saying i quit the job or he terminated me ....
I would appreciate if some could throw some light on this ....
My future is relied on these issues
Thanks
David
2.) You can have an H1 with an employer, but not work with that employer. As long as you were on legal status, maybe on another employer and maintained your legal status, say you were 2nd H1 that was valid, it means your employer doesn't owe you anything as you were not working for him. It doesn't mean that there is any back wage, it just means that you still have valid H1 with him but did not work for him for a duration during which you were maintaining your legal status. As you your employer doesn't owe you back wages.
And since you left your past employer (which could possibly be your future employer), its always good to document that you resigned. You can create a back dated resignation for yourself for your own records, and maybe give a copy of that to your employer. It will help your employer to cover him, and it will complete your records. That should do it for you.
Hope this is helpful.
Hi Everyone,
I will be laid off from an american company by the end of Feb 2009. I spoke to my previous desi employee as my H1b with his company is still valid and he din't revoked it until now
But he agrees to let me join his company but at the same time he worried about few things
Q1) I was with him for 6 months of 2008 and moved to an American Company so the total pay in the W2 for year 2008 is less than LCA amount.
Would that be a problem as i din't work with him for an entire year in which case it is bound to be less than LCA amount..
Mind you i'm looking at the Yearly wage if you look at month wise it is much higher than mentioned in LCA.
Would that be of any problem to both me and employeer.
Q2) He also said that when somebody re hires any one , the employeer is liable to pay back wages for the period of time he was out.
It sounds illogical atleast to me because he didn't terminate me from the job it was me who quit the job and transferred my H1b on a good note , but there is no official document saying i quit the job or he terminated me ....
I would appreciate if some could throw some light on this ....
My future is relied on these issues
Thanks
David
more...
house A iography of Clark Center
sujith1
07-07 06:05 PM
Yes - 485 can only be applied if ithe dates are current
Thanks for the valuable information. But we all know the I-485 process take long period of time. Mean time if I marry again, do I have to wait for the priority date to be current in order to Apply I-485 for my new wife?
thanks
balan.
Thanks for the valuable information. But we all know the I-485 process take long period of time. Mean time if I marry again, do I have to wait for the priority date to be current in order to Apply I-485 for my new wife?
thanks
balan.
tattoo andrew upton bio.
geniousatwork
09-22 08:46 PM
My AP was approved on Sep2. Still awaiting the AP in mail.
more...
pictures andrew upton bio. Andrew has quickly blossomed; Andrew has quickly blossomed
nhfirefighter13
June 4th, 2004, 02:16 PM
I hope you don't mind but with about 20 minutes in photoshop...
:D
:D
dresses andrew upton bio. Bio
swamy
12-13 02:58 PM
Relax guys dont gang up like that - maybe he believes in himself and will actually fight for his rights unlike many here on IV!
dyekek12 - as you can obviously see from above, there are a lot of frustrated souls out here. You are in the wrong forum to pose such q's - this place is filled with a lot of socially challenged tech grads who sit on their asses the whole day tracking bureacracies and complaining like village bellies & then do nothing about it. Your q is best answered by a college counselor or dept head. Pick a school with a good program and see what their grads are doing. Most grads will happily answer q's for you honestly. There are plenty of websites to do your research on - but approaching it as an eb3/eb2 gateway is bad. All of them are screwed up.
dyekek12 - as you can obviously see from above, there are a lot of frustrated souls out here. You are in the wrong forum to pose such q's - this place is filled with a lot of socially challenged tech grads who sit on their asses the whole day tracking bureacracies and complaining like village bellies & then do nothing about it. Your q is best answered by a college counselor or dept head. Pick a school with a good program and see what their grads are doing. Most grads will happily answer q's for you honestly. There are plenty of websites to do your research on - but approaching it as an eb3/eb2 gateway is bad. All of them are screwed up.
more...
makeup andrew upton bio. Jenna Elfman, io, model,; Jenna Elfman, io, model,

kalwinhobbess
08-28 06:16 PM
Its writern in the RFE. I got an RFE and in that letter its clearly mentioned by when you need to submit the required docs.
girlfriend andrew upton bio. cate blanchett iography; cate blanchett iography
Waitingnvain
07-31 09:04 PM
H visa by nature is dual intent. One does not lose it after getting EAD.
hairstyles william eggleston iography.
GoGreen
07-18 09:58 AM
Hello all, my lawyer is charging $600 for EAD (including uscis fees), I heard from one of my friends that EAD can be applied by yourself.
Has anyone done that?
Is it easy to do that?
Has anyone done that?
Is it easy to do that?
anyluck?
09-15 01:23 PM
Obama told he will atleast discuss on CIR after health care. He knows well that Health care bill will take long time to resolve, so that he can escape. One way or other he will not do anything.
kingkon_2000
03-26 11:16 AM
I had my EB2 LC rejected and the reason that DOL gave was they were not able to contact the employer and/or employer did not respond to their correspondence. Lawyer gave me two option to refile (I will lose PD) or appeal. This was in 2005 when PERM had just started and the lawyers said they did not know how long the appeal process takes in PERM since it was new system. To cut the story short I received the approved LC within 45days of appeal, but my case was a simple one I think. Your case it a bit different but in no case an appeal should take 1.5 years at least in PERM.
No comments:
Post a Comment